Putty problems connecting

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
Try enabling DHCP, in your receivers network options, the re-boot your receiver and try re-connecting.
DHCP is enabled already.

It seems like the box itself or the image is blocking the connection... I have tried everything from my PC and nothing is helping.

nunigaia

DHCP is enabled already.

It seems like the box itself or the image is blocking the connection... I have tried everything from my PC and nothing is helping.

I noticed that you are not using, Open BlackHole 4.1.032, and not even 4.1.001 version ( OE-A based ).

Probably Open BlackHole 0.1

More: Gui version from 2015.01.25

Firmware version dated: 2018.04.07.

Take a look:

upload_2018-9-5_17-49-13.png

This is your screenshot.

To despite, can you please upload some photos of your STB?, as:

• Front cover
  • Upper cover
  • Back cover
Otherwise, reflash your STB, with the lastest Open BlackHole 4.1.032, regarding your STB Model --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/openbh-4-1-vu-solo2.35043/, and then make an "ONLINE UPDATE", in order to get the lastest version.

thanks,

best regards
nunigaia

Matrix10

Administrator
Have you typed in the box network configuration

Gateway 192.168.1.1
and
Primary DNS 192.168.1.1
===================================
DCC connection via router and not crossover
Your computer and box are connected via a router?

Mick12334

You could try altering your network settings, to see if re-starting them clears the problem.
Go into the network menu and disable DHCP, then re-boot your receiver, check if you can connect, using DCC, if not enable it again, re-boot your receiver, check the IP Address hasn't changed and try using DCC again.

el bandido

Vu+ User
I did not see the ip adress as being a problem because the Webif connects.

You may try using a different computer or downloading one of the Vu+ apps and installing it into almost any android device. Would be interesting to know of you get the connection refused error when using a different device. It looks like the password has been changed on the image you are using now.

The only other option would be to try a fresh install of another image. Would be a good idea to make a full image backup and a backup of settings before you do this.

AlexWilMac

Please, do a screen grab of your image info screen by finding the appropriate menu and then typing in your browser your IP address followed by /grab
(it seems to be
192.168.1.2/grab

because we think you have a very, very, very old image installed.

Mick12334

No, he means you need to know what password you, or someone else, has set up.
Did you buy the receiver new, and set it up yourself?

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
But it doesnt ask for password...all the apps I use just shuts down as soon as I try co connect..."connection closed by remote host"---

AlexWilMac

Here you are: you are running OpenBlackHole 0.1!!!! A pre-beta-experimental version of OBH.
If you consider that OBH 0.4 was still very experimental, imagine, how much developments have been done since 0.1.
We had the 0.4, the 0.6, the 1.0 and finally the 4.1 with its 35 updates....

P.S. You'd rather save that image grabbed by right-clicking on it, and not posting your whole PC screen ;)

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, so I cant connect with that old version. Can I update from the menu?

I have channels like "dreambox" on it from a provider. Does his "settings" dissapear and all the channels?

Last edited:

Mick12334

You can't update from Open Black Hole 0.1 to Open Black Hole 4.1, via the menu, it's a different build and requires a re-flash, using a USB stick.
You will lose everything, if you upgrade.
You can save a few things, like your channels, and bouquets, using programs like dreamboxedit, and FileZilla, a free FTP program, but as you can't connect, with anything, I'm guessing even they will not work.

el bandido

Vu+ User
But it doesnt ask for password...all the apps I use just shuts down as soon as I try co connect..."connection closed by remote host"---
There are files located in the receiver's /etc folder which allow or do not allow connection by remote host. So the files could be set to not allow remote connection which would cause the "connection closed by remote host" message to be seen immediately when you try to connect using putty.

Probably the best or easiest thing to do is make a full backup of the image you have now, then backup the settings. Install a fresh up-to-date image, then try to restore settings using the backup from the old image. At worst, you could always load the full image backup and get back everything you had, including the connection problem.