Putty problems connecting

Mick12334

Even a full backup will not save everything, and it isn't advised to use a backup from a previous image, or other image.
You could use openwebif, which you have mentioned you can connect to, to export your bouquets, using the Bouquet Editor.

I have a feeling that you didn't set up your VU+ Solo 2, but bought it already set up, which would explain the problems, you're now experiencing, but I might be wrong.

Can you please tell us if you loaded Open Black Hole 0.1, and set up your receiver yourself, scanning in the channels, and adding plugins.
Has your receiver got an internal hard drive, for recording, and backup options?

el bandido

Vu+ User
When you back the whole image up, it saves everything. Try it and see. Doing this first before trying to upgrade would give a complete restore point. I think all versions of Open Black Hole have the image backup option, but the early versions may not.

AlexWilMac

Yes, the FULL backup is COMPLETE. The problem is that the PERSONAL backup, that is the settings or plugins backup, is impossible to use from a version to the next.
The only chance he's got is:
1) using Open Webinterface and its bouquet editor to save just and only channels.
2) Downloading from our website the specific version of Openblackhole 4.1 for his model and then restore the channels.

Frankly, having such an old but, above all, completely experimental version of OBH, it doesn't really matter if he had the VU+ already prepared or not ;)

el bandido

Vu+ User
The PERSONAL backup or a backup of settings can be unpacked. You can get the channel file and maybe use some other files from this backup.

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
Even a full backup will not save everything, and it isn't advised to use a backup from a previous image, or other image.
You could use openwebif, which you have mentioned you can connect to, to export your bouquets, using the Bouquet Editor.

I have a feeling that you didn't set up your VU+ Solo 2, but bought it already set up, which would explain the problems, you're now experiencing, but I might be wrong.

Can you please tell us if you loaded Open Black Hole 0.1, and set up your receiver yourself, scanning in the channels, and adding plugins.
Has your receiver got an internal hard drive, for recording, and backup options?

Its like you are guessing. Someone else set the recievers settings.
No internal HD

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
So step by step :

-Back up image on a USB
-Put the latest BH openbh-4.1.032.release-vusolo2_usb_release_d6351f3 on another USB
-Put the USB in SOLO2 and restart it fron the on -button and install that.

Do I have to do anything else?:)

Mick12334

Its like you are guessing. Someone else set the recievers settings.
No internal HD
If you had the receiver, from new, and haven't set a password, then someone else must have, either the shop, or whoever set it up for you.
If you set up the receiver, installed Open Black Hole 0.1, and scanned in your channels, setting up your bouquets, then the password can't have been changed, from blank, unless you did it, and have forgotten. If there wasn't a password added then the problem must lie elsewhere, if there was a password added then you should be able to discover it from whoever added it.
I'm simply trying to find out how you received the receiver, set up by the seller, or with the original, vuplus, image, which you then upgraded to Open Black Hole 0.1.

kurokuro

Vu+ Newbie
If you had the receiver, from new, and haven't set a password, then someone else must have, either the shop, or whoever set it up for you.
If you set up the receiver, installed Open Black Hole 0.1, and scanned in your channels, setting up your bouquets, then the password can't have been changed, from blank, unless you did it, and have forgotten. If there wasn't a password added then the problem must lie elsewhere, if there was a password added then you should be able to discover it from whoever added it.
I'm simply trying to find out how you received the receiver, set up by the seller, or with the original, vuplus, image, which you then upgraded to Open Black Hole 0.1.

I have a guy that provides channels to me to my Solo2. He set the box up. I bought it from him. He has surely locked this box. But its gotta be som way for me to unlock it.

AlexWilMac

Get rid of this guy: is not impossible to learn how to flash your box with a proper, recent image (the "images" are the operative systems of these boxes).
And get rid of your current settings or, as we have told you many times in this thread, USE OPENWEBINTERFACE to save them.
Openwebinterface is launched just typing your box IP address in whatever browser.

Then flash the box with OBH 4.1.032, learn how set your tuners (but OBH is quite able to set them up by itself) and then scan for the channels.
Once you'll have found the channels, in Linux-based images you should take advantage of the concept of BOUQUET.

A BOUQUET is simply a group of channels where you can put whatever channel you like, terrestrial or sat. It's not like in traditional decoders where you have all your thousands of channels listed together.
Then you can move also the bouquets up and down the bouquets' list and the first bouquet in your order will assign the first numbers to its channels.
So, 1, 2, 3... will be the first channels of the first bouquet.
You can create your own bouquets and as many bouquets as you like; for instance: SPORTS, NEWS, and so on and a channel can be put in several bouquets, if you like.
All the other channels are always accessible pressing UP or DOWN and then the GREEN button (to select the satellite you want or the terrestrial services) or RED to show ALL your channels together.

el bandido

Vu+ User
How Do I backup the settings? I know how to do a usual backup...is the settings included in that?

Look in the receiver's menus and plugins. You should be able to backup settings and the whole image. The whole image backup should be larger than 100MB I think, and the settings backup will be much smaller in size.

There is a Dream Explorer Plugin. This plugin allows you to move files around, and could probably be used to unlock the receiver's remote connection. It is likely more energy than it is worth trying to unlock an old image... I guess it depends if you want to put time and effort into it. IMO, it would be best to upgrade the image and learn how to install what you need yourself. Then you would not have to depend on someone else.