Random Spinner box freezes DUO2 BlackHole 3.0.5.0 on Cable

any-mgzt

Vu+ Newbie
Hello My Duo2 almost 3 years old has started to freeze and the spinner appears, as in freeze I mean no response to the remote but the channel we are watching remains fine, just can't switch channels etc with the remote and need to power off and on again. Then we get around an hour of trouble free before it happens again. I read on a post elsewhare that the FAN CONTROL 2 plugin could cause this so I removed it but I did suspect that might be a red herring as I have had that installed for 18 months without issue.

When it first happened and it rebooted I checked the temperatures etc and it was a little high so I increased the fan speed the temperature came down OK.

I have checked for any crash logs and there have not been any until this last freeze it is attached any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1552937876.txt
    119.7 KB · Views: 3

Matrix10

Administrator
Crash is caused by EPG download and EPG data conversion from CrossEPG.
Error in EPG data can cause image crash.
But that does not mean that the problems you describe are always caused by this.
You have a lot of stuff in your box.
I mean add-ons, plugins. Also, automatic activities.
I suggest that you re-install a clean image.
And do not activate all the activities. Only those you really need,
Install plugins/addons one by one and test to find out what slows down image/ box.

any-mgzt

Vu+ Newbie
After further investigation I found that it was due to an overheating issue the fan grill on the back of the unit was partially blocked with fluff, afer removing this and cleaning the fan blades the idle te,mperature now sits at 27deg C and after recording or playback is generally at 36deg C, before cleaning it was seen to be around 46degC after playback or recording and would settle at 36deg C after a pariod of idle.