Real Time Streaming

faravahar1000

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I want to view the channel as live RTSP on my mobile with VLC player and watch the movie with subtitles
Does the VU and black hole allow the user to use real time streaming protocol?

Mick12334

You can use openwebif, to view, and control, your VU+, on a network, but you have to set it up, with a password, to view outside the network.
I know you can do it on a laptop, and tablet, but you'll have to check if your mobile is capable of this.
There are guides, available, if you do a search.
I also think there are android apps that might work.

faravahar1000

Vu+ Newbie
You can use openwebif, to view, and control, your VU+, on a network, but you have to set it up, with a password, to view outside the network.
I know you can do it on a laptop, and tablet, but you'll have to check if your mobile is capable of this.
There are guides, available, if you do a search.
I also think there are android apps that might work.

I've used openwebif before, but the problem with openwebif is that it can't run Live Stream and movie subtitles. No subtitles are available for viewing on Openwebif
Also, applications for Android and iOS cannot run subtitles and Live Stream.
In VLC Player, the user can create a local area network between mobile or tablet and etc and the receiver box and watch the channels live.
Using this feature depends on the ability to receive the RSTP server
Now my question is can Box VU + build RSTP server or not?
Because other Linux boxes are capable of building this server, they can easily view channels in Live Stream and run subtitles on a tablet or mobile device.

Mick12334

Most Enigma 2 based receivers are similar, but images are different, and require different options, to get things to work.
I've never tried streaming, outside my closed network.
As for subtitles, I've never used them, and have them set to off, in my Open Black Hole images.
There are old videos, on you tube, where people have tried various streaming software, mostly on dreamboxes, probably the original mass enigma 2 receiver, try an internet search and check them out.

AlexWilMac

I have subtitles by the OWIF that streams by VLC. I tried just now with OBH 4.3 (I can't try BH at the moment, but I don't think it would make any difference).
I run VLC for MacOs but, again, I don't think it would make any difference under win.

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-12-22 alle 14.53.43.png
    Schermata 2019-12-22 alle 14.53.43.png
    494.1 KB · Views: 6

faravahar1000

Vu+ Newbie
So VU + is not able to build the rtsp server according to the above
As Mediatomb is virtually officially removed from the receiver menu
This is not a good thing for VU
Hope the problem is resolved soon :)