Recording from Standby

philippe91

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
Image black hole 3.10

on my VU0 + 4K I put an external HDD on USB
recording OK when the VU is on but if I schedule a recording and put the VU on standby the recording will not start

Thank you

AlexWilMac

Instead of using a USB HDD, try with a USB flashdrive. But when a thread remains unanswered, most of the times is because the question is made in a too poor of details way.

AlexWilMac

How can it be? Unless he meant a big 3,5" HDD... but this is very unlikely. Clearly, it has got a 2,5" one, powered by USB port itself.

philippe91

Vu+ Newbie
bonjour,
Oui disque dd 2.5 en USB alimenté par USB
Essai avec clef USB la meme chose le VU en marche sa enregistre VU en veille celui ci ce rallume pas pour enregistré

Hello,
Yes USB 2.5 dd disk powered by USB
Test with USB key the same thing the VU on its records VU in standby this one does not turn on again for recorded

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Maybe trying with a fed HD... but I do not know. Is it possible that the USB port, when in Standby, run to record? Is that scheduling a recording for a certain time when the box is in standby, this continues in standby...

See this topic.

philippe91

Vu+ Newbie
Oui est ce possible d'enregistré quand le VU+04K est en veille ??
pour la rublique j'ai vue mais cela concerne le kit

Yes is it possible to record when the VU + 04K is on standby ??
for the republic I saw but it concerns the kit

AlexWilMac

Why going on risky HDD? To run a test, the best choice is a USB stick. Then, if it works, it means the issue is caused by the HDD, not by the image.

Of course it's possible to record when VU+ is in standby, otherwise it'd be a very poor PVR!

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Why going on risky HDD? To run a test, the best choice is a USB stick. Then, if it works, it means the issue is caused by the HDD, not by the image.

Of course it's possible to record when VU+ is in standby, otherwise it'd be a very poor PVR!

Of course it is possible to write in standby ... If it was not possible it made no sense! This is what happens here at Duo4K and 4kse at 4kse that have internal HDD.

But I have never tested USB recording at Zero 4K, whether by Stick USB or a HDD connected to the USB port in both situations.

From what @phillipe91 says, the recording takes place on the HDD with the box running, in Standby no... so the HDD should not be the cause of the problem...

I also never tested the recording from Zero 4K, in Standby, which will send to one of the two discs I refer...

Nothing like testing all situations to come to a conclusion.

philippe91

Vu+ Newbie
oui sur mes dreambox enregistrement en veille mes DD recuperé sur celles-ci sinon aucun interrer
maintenant a savoir si sur clle-ci c'est possible
quelqu'un a bien du faire des essais sur ce model

yes on my dreambox recording in standby my DD recovered on them otherwise no interinter
now to know if on this it is possible
someone must have made tests on this model