recording help

andrew bertram

Vu+ Newbie
Ive put a usb stick in front port double blue device manager says searchin for devices the goes onto green screen error needs to be restarted any advice ?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Ive put a usb stick in front port double blue device manager says searchin for devices the goes onto green screen error needs to be restarted any advice ?

Post a crashlog. You'll find it on your HDD. It's a file with an extension .log. Post the last one.

andrew bertram

Vu+ Newbie
Im havein problems connectin to my box off laptop i did a try and test password and says its connected but then when i go to dreambox screen and click file open it just comes up with c-drive etc nothin on my box

yummer

BH Lover
Im havein problems connectin to my box off laptop i did a try and test password and says its connected but then when i go to dreambox screen and click file open it just comes up with c-drive etc nothin on my box

Have you put your IP address of your box in mate like I said in earlier post. Your a bit stuck to do a lot of things unless you get your laptop and box communicating mate.

andrew bertram

Vu+ Newbie
Yes mate founf my ip address on network addapter settings then enterd tha into dreambox edit clicked test password says ok connected but then i go onto file open and no files or nufin on my box

yummer

BH Lover
Yes mate founf my ip address on network addapter settings then enterd tha into dreambox edit clicked test password says ok connected but then i go onto file open and no files or nufin on my box
You don't want dreambox edit mate that's just for channels etc you want vucc or DCC

andrew bertram

Vu+ Newbie
Anybody help with this one. I have usb stick in rear of my vu+ solo box for epg and i bought new usb stick today so i could set up for recording i put the stick in from port of box started box up double clicked blue to device manager and clicked ok and it crashed to green screen it came back on then with no sound so i restarted box sound back on i havent got the front usb stick in ni more but still crashes if i go to devices manager how do i fix anone thanks ?

yummer

BH Lover
Mate see the link I posted above. That will take you to a program called DCC (dreambox control centre). Download it. Set it up to connect to your box. You'll be able to find crash logs and do ftp (file transfers). Ppl can't help unless you can get these. When they say GSOD this means green screen of death is a crash. Every crash leaves a .log file which you can upload to get help