Recording issue

Duoduo

Vu+ Newbie
I have had an issue over the weekend with recording, I recorded a couple of programmes which were on BBC HD & ITV HD. The issue was/is that it only recorded 45-50 minutes of the actual programme so missed the end parts of the programme that lasted an hour. As anyone else experienced the same problem and if so please can you tell me what you did to sort the problem.

Many thanks

Mito

Administrator
Maybe there was a problem in EPG when you programmed the recordings.
Did you check the programmed recordings duration?

Duoduo

Vu+ Newbie
sorry what do you mean by programmed recordings duration? Is there an option to specify maximum record duration that I am unaware of? I thought that you simply setup a recording via EPG and all should be ok??

Mito

Administrator
sorry what do you mean by programmed recordings duration? Is there an option to specify maximum record duration that I am unaware of? I thought that you simply setup a recording via EPG and all should be ok??
When you add a timer, you can modify the starting and the end time.
In timer list, you can verify the programmed time for each recording timer.

sidTM

Vu+ User
Hello

Hopefully someone can help me

I'm having an issue recording where if I record a programme on tuner A then Tuner B automatically records something (comes up saying recording a show I recorded 2 hours previous) therefore can't watch any other channels on different transponders because both A and are recording

I can stop the recording on Tuner A no problem but can't stop Tuner B recording
Has anyone else had this issue that can help?

Thanks in advance

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I think you should make the issue as simple as prossible to test what is wrong. There are some suggestions.
1. make recording seperately by tunner A and Tuner B, both using the timer in order to check where the tuners are ok.
2. using 2 tuners to record, see whether you stop them before the preset time. (If use timer, you must stop the recording by stop timer, the recording player's stop button on your remote control unit wont work)
3. If you set time-shift, stop it, before you do the above test.

sidTM

Vu+ User
When you say make a recording separately by tuner A do you mean disconnect tuner B from the box?

Axel Eriksson

Vu+ Newbie
Have a problem with that record. I have a vu solo 2 I can record with time shifting, ie recording in real time. But when I choose to record using the timer so you can not. I use epg and have tested both the standard timer and auto timer. The program adds itself to the hard drive as if it were shot with a green icon above. But it says 0 mb. Please please help me!

sidTM

Vu+ User
No need to diconnect tuner, just one by one testing, to see whether the tuners are function correctly.

Is there a way to choose a tuner in the menu, just to update, checked it this morning and now when I record on tuner A I can't view anything on tuner B, the tuner configs are set to simple and single on both tuner which has worked no problem previously. Im just wondering whether this is an issue with tuner B itsself

yummer

BH Lover
Is there a way to choose a tuner in the menu, just to update, checked it this morning and now when I record on tuner A I can't view anything on tuner B, the tuner configs are set to simple and single on both tuner which has worked no problem previously. Im just wondering whether this is an issue with tuner B itsself
You know when you set them up as single simple etc... Just disable tuner a and leave tuner b set up. Also try changing over the feed cables to make sure it is actually a tuner fault and not an lnb fault.

yummer

BH Lover
If they're both set up on single sattelite I always put tuner b equal to tuner a and never had any probs

sidTM

Vu+ User
If they're both set up on single sattelite I always put tuner b equal to tuner a and never had any probs

Thanks
Will try that later, I know the lnb is fine as I've already checked both cables so will do what you say and try disabling tuner A and see what happenns

yummer

BH Lover
Thanks
Will try that later, I know the lnb is fine as I've already checked both cables so will do what you say and try disabling tuner A and see what happenns
Well it will defo indicate if its a hardware fault then m8

Axel Eriksson

Vu+ Newbie
When I'm recording, I go into epg. Printing on timers. Accepts recording. It will start 3 minutes before and ending three minutes afterwards.

Then when I'll go in and check if it has gone, the day after, so the program is very true in the hard drive as if it were recorded.

But when I put the mouse over the movie so it is 0 megabytes. Although the icon to the left is green. Anyone know what settings I should change?

It works great to record in real time.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
When I'm recording, I go into epg. Printing on timers. Accepts recording. It will start 3 minutes before and ending three minutes afterwards.

Then when I'll go in and check if it has gone, the day after, so the program is very true in the hard drive as if it were recorded.

But when I put the mouse over the movie so it is 0 megabytes. Although the icon to the left is green. Anyone know what settings I should change?

It works great to record in real time.

Check with FTA program, and don't watch other channel (I don't know configuration of your antenna signals, one or two?)