Recording list blank field column

AlexWilMac

It seems the "issue" I'm going to explain is not related to the skins' layout but it's generic under OBH 4.2.x.
Anyway, the fact is that OBH 4.2 introduced a nice feature but also a uncomfortable one in the Recording List view (and, obviously, in any folders containing multimedia files).

The nice feature is the chance of enabling the channel's picon you recorded from (if it was the case of a TV recording, of course).
OBH has always lacked of the extended infos (about the channel) BH has.
Now, at least, we can see the picon and this is very good.

But the not comfy new feature in the lists' layout, I think, is that we have a field, a column we can't disable, for the viewing status. Next to the right... a blank field, without any infos.
This shorten the space for the titles, unfortunately and this does not depend on skins: it's general.
The fact is that, not only it'd be comfortable to disable one or more fields (date, recording status and this blank field) but also move, for instance, the status icons as 2nd field, next to the channel one in order to leave space after the filename.
So, will it be possible to suggest to the coders to add options to:
1) individually enabling/disabling the fields?
2) remove this blank, empty field?

Thanks for the attention.

Attachments

• OBH.4.2-recording-list-1.jpg
    OBH.4.2-recording-list-1.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 14
  • OBH.4.2-recording-list-2.jpg
    OBH.4.2-recording-list-2.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 13

AlexWilMac

Hello, I'd like to get back to this post of mines, published more than one year ago about OBH 4.2 but still valid under 4.3.
I know that many features and characteristics about our OBH comes from the common OE-A project and very likely from OpenVIX one, but maybe some coder may take the chance of getting into a possible new way of customizing the recording list.
As under 4.2, the column width is not customizable, and this results often in a file name truncated too soon.
The fact is that the progress column occupies more space than actually needed and the same does the duration column.
So, it results into the maximum possible width for the filename.

Another issue (this probably unavoidable) is that the length of the media file is shown only for .ts file, either in the specific column or somewhere else in the skin.

Attachments

• Recording-list-OBH-4.3.jpg
    Recording-list-OBH-4.3.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Recording-list-OBH-4.3-002.jpg
    Recording-list-OBH-4.3-002.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 3
Accully the code is there but its badly adapted and bad suited for MX amazing skins.

This is my Q-Skin MovieSelection Screen and as you can see there is plenty of space i have sacrify the description for larger listbox.
And of cause MX will vomit when he see my clown lubba lubba version ;) :D:D

movie selection.jpg

So look up this screen in the skin.xml

"MovieSelection"

and find the code

<widget name="list" and you will find plenty of settings to play with :)

AlexWilMac

Yes, mate :) There's plenty of space because you sacrificed the side part with the extended description, whom I find useful :)
But, above all, in your skin there are only 7 files ;) Too few for me!

I'll certainly look into the file but here is more something concerning the configuration of Recording list than the skin in itself.
A sure advantage of OBH, as son of a wider open project, is the high level of freedom you have in customizing many aspects in almost each section.
Here, it would be useful to have the chance not only of setting columns' widths but also of enabling or disabling them.

So some more clutter is your preferance ;) :)

This is 12 rows and added description with picons hasty put togather so the background png lines dont math the row number but you get the ide :)

movie selection.jpg

AlexWilMac

Hehe!!! :) But I always win!!!
18 or 24 or... more!!!

Attachments

• RecList-18.jpg
    RecList-18.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 5
  • RecList-24.jpg
    RecList-24.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 5

AlexWilMac

No, no... This is simply made by OBH: no efforts on skin coding! I'm too old for programming :D Unless you give me back my ZX Spectrum or my Sinclair QL...
;)