Recording overwrite problem

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
Hi There,

I am having a problem recording a series on my VU+ SOLO 2. I have few weekly program set for record on daily set time. what's happening is that it records the program but rather than saving it as a new file it's deleting the same program from previous day. so basically overwriting the program.

It was working fine until the last update.

I on BlackHole 3.0.3.0.

Any help would be gladly appreciated as it's annoying and frustrating.

Thanks

AlexWilMac

yes, and as we wrote there, it's impossible (unless you are using some plugins to record series) to have two recordings with the same filename because the REAL filename is not the EVENT name you see or you change: it contains the data and the time of the recording.
So the question is, are you using any third-part plugins for series?

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
yes, and as we wrote there, it's impossible (unless you are using some plugins to record series) to have two recordings with the same filename because the REAL filename is not the EVENT name you see or you change: it contains the data and the time of the recording.
So the question is, are you using any third-part plugins for series?

No. I am not using any plugins at all.

It works fine when I put recording sepratly but when I put a series on record it overwrites previous day recording rather than saving the old one.

I have restore the box as well but the issue is still there.

Mick12334

Have you read the other thread?
As mentioned this seems impossible, as the receiver records to your internal hard drive, if using one, unless you're recording to an external USB stick.
Can you please provide more detailed information, and if possible post a screen shot of your recordings, and the timer menu.

AlexWilMac

No. I am not using any plugins at all.

It works fine when I put recording sepratly but when I put a series on record it overwrites previous day recording rather than saving the old one.

I have restore the box as well but the issue is still there.

IS NOT POSSIBLE because, as I wrote in the other post, the filename IS NOT THE EVENT NAME. Citing myself:
Each recording is uniquely identified.
You can't imagine how many times I have recorded in every possible repeating way (daily, weekly, user defined and so on) having (apparently) many many files with the same name in the list, just because these were not the real filenames.
If you create a timer to record everyday, for example, from EUROSPORT1, and if the event is "Vuelta", if you have access to your recording folder (HDD or whatever) from a FTP (or directly, if its a USB-attached drive) you'll read:
20170826 2110 - EUROSPORT1 - Vuelta.ts (as well as many other files with .eit, .ap, .meta and so on)

The next day you'll have:
20170827 2110 - EUROSPORT1 - Vuelta.ts
one recorded at 21:10 on August, 26 and the other one on August, 27
Instead, you'll see them all in the recording list as

Vuelta
Vuelta
Vuelta
just because their REAL filenames differ as the days differ.

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
IS NOT POSSIBLE because, as I wrote in the other post, the filename IS NOT THE EVENT NAME. Citing myself:
Each recording is uniquely identified.
You can't imagine how many times I have recorded in every possible repeating way (daily, weekly, user defined and so on) having (apparently) many many files with the same name in the list, just because these were not the real filenames.
If you create a timer to record everyday, for example, from EUROSPORT1, and if the event is "Vuelta", if you have access to your recording folder (HDD or whatever) from a FTP (or directly, if its a USB-attached drive) you'll read:
20170826 2110 - EUROSPORT1 - Vuelta.ts (as well as many other files with .eit, .ap, .meta and so on)

The next day you'll have:
20170827 2110 - EUROSPORT1 - Vuelta.ts
one recorded at 21:10 on August, 26 and the other one on August, 27
Instead, you'll see them all in the recording list as

Vuelta
Vuelta
Vuelta
just because their REAL filenames differ as the days differ.
I completely Understand what you saying but the problem is still there. I have re flashed the box with the latest version of BH and still when recording a series it still overrides the previous day file.

Mick12334

Can you please post your recordings list, just log in, using your PC, and OpenWebif, just type your receivers IP Address, into a browser, and use the remote control options to navigate to your recordings.
Are you recording on an internal hard drive, or external USB device?
You have to manually delete recordings, in Open Blackhole it's even harder, to delete recordings, as they go into a trash can, which you then have to empty, to completely delete them.
Unless you're using a plugin, that is set to delete recordings, after a set time, it cannot overwite a recording, it's not like old VHS tapes, which you could accidentally record over.
Please also post a picture of your timers, so that we can see the set timers.

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
Can you please post your recordings list, just log in, using your PC, and OpenWebif, just type your receivers IP Address, into a browser, and use the remote control options to navigate to your recordings.
You have to manually delete recordings, in Open Blackhole it's even harder, to delete recordings, as they go into a trash can, which you then have to empty, to completely delete them.
Unless you're using a plugin, that is set to delete recordings, after a set time, it cannot overwite a recording, it's not like old VHS tapes, which you could accidentally record over.

I am recording it into my HDD. there was no problem before.

Here's list of my timers.

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie

I am recording it into my HDD. there was no problem before.

Here's list of my timers.

Attachments

• 1_0_1_CBD9_83B_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    1_0_1_CBD9_83B_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 22

AlexWilMac

If you don't check for your REAL NAMES of recordings via FTP, you won't never understand what it is really going on. The REAL FILENAME is only readable this way, not by recording list. The timer list is of any help, expecially from putside. Check these filenames BEFORE and AFTER the new recording.

AlexWilMac

Please, funkymale, show us not your recording list but your movie/folder content.
Only by FTP you can get the real filenames. See post #6. And view my attachments, for instance about the highlighted film recorded (Ocean's Eleven) and what you read in the recording list and what you read in /movie/hdd/ folder.

Attachments

• Recording-list.jpg
    Recording-list.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 22
  • movie-folder-list.png
    movie-folder-list.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 23

TBGetto

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.
I have this problem.
I do not understand the solution ???
I set the timer on 05.10.2017.
06.10.2017 Record name: 20171005 1850 - RTL Club HD - Survivor - Tribal Wars.ts
07.10.2017 Record Name: 20171005 1850 - RTL Club HD - Survivor - Tribal Wars.ts
08.10.2017 Record Name: 20171005 1850 - RTL Club HD - Survivor - Tribal Wars.ts
VU+ SOLO2 BlackHole-3.0.4

pluto

Vu+ Newbie
I have same problem with overwritten recordings as TBGetto in post 14.

With serial recording, the actual filename, the name you see when use ftp, is not increasing as days increase. So every recording got the same name on the HDD, and thus the new recording each day writes over the last one. I tested it be looking on the HDD with FileZilla (ftp).

Before today recording filename was : 20171009 2128 - DR1 HD - TV AVISEN.ts with time stamp last change was 9. oct 22:10. ( I set timer to start 2 min before program start and stop 15 min after, program is in epg from kl 21:30 - 21:55)
When today recording started at 10. oct 21:28 the filename remain the same "20171009 2128 - DR1 HD - TV AVISEN.ts" but time stamp last change was now 10. oct 21:28, and the filesize was changing to very small, so the big file from yesterday was for sure overwritten. As i can confirm by playing the file.

I use BH 3.0.4.A on Duo2 and Solo2, and the problem with overwritten recordings, when use daily, weekly or special timer with pick of recording days of the week , is present in all cases.
Hope someone can solve this. :)

kikan

Vu+ Newbie
hi, same problem for me...
blackhole 3.4.0.D

timer recordings is not working ..i set one channel few times per week... nothing happen, in timers will show recording, but nothing will be on hdd..
timeshift recording is o.k.
normal recording is o.k.

Timberland

Vu+ Newbie
Same problem here when using a repeating recording. Every week, the previous recording is erased and replaced with the new one. The recording name is the date of when the timer event was first executed, but not the date the recording happens.

So, for instance, I created a timer event for recording every Sunday at 20:55, starting on Dec. 3. Every week a new file is recorded (overwriting the previous one) with the name "20171203 2055 - My Channel - My Recording.ts".

I am running BH 3.0.4E on a VU+ Ultimo 4K and built-in SATA HDD (no USB). Timers were created from scratch from the EPG and then modified to repeat.

Hope this helps !

Cyclops

Vu+ Newbie
Im just dropping in to confirm that i also have this issue. Vu+ Ultimo 4k BH 3.0.5, So it happens on 4k's too. How do you guys fetch your EPGs? maybe that could be the problem? i fetch mine from TV 4 Film 11.247 GHz, POL V