Recording overwrite problem

bouli

Vu+ Newbie
I also have the bug since version 3.0.3Q (shown in Menu->Information->About).
I updated my Ultimo4K to version 3.0.5 as it says "Fix Timer recording bug" but it is still there.
I have more than 36 repeated timers (for all the week) and I restore the timers.xml from a previous backup (done via ssh console, not via backup/restore plugin).
Each day I have to move my recordings to an other directory or restart enigma2 (in this case all start dates are update to start "today" or a day in the future) to avoid having my recordings being overwritten!

I hope this bug will be fixed soon.
If anyone has a lead to solve this

Attachments

• timers.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 6

AlexWilMac

I agree with Ev0: I'd create a completely new timer.xml to be sure the old timer doesn't bring the issue with itself...

bouli

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you guys. It is sad to have to reset already set timers but if it solves the problem, it is OK.
I will do that tomorrow. Thank you for your replies.

bouli

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
This problem is still not solved in version 3.0.5. S what is the next move.
I clear timers.xml (with continuous "rm /etc/enigma2/timers.xml" while restarting Enigma2). Once Enigma2 has restarted, I restarted without doing anything on timers.xml. After this second restart, timers.xml had the default empty structure :

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
</timers>
Then I fill all my timers using OpenWebIf web interface. and the problem still exists !
My previous timers.xml was filled with Timers menu in Blackhole GUI (not via WebInterface) and the problem appears long time after... just after an online update.

For me, the timers.xml is not corrupted. This is an internal bug of BlackHole.

This is really anoying !
Is there any repository to contribute because this is going to make me crazy. This bug runs for weeks/months now.

Thank you

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi
This problem is still not solved in version 3.0.5. S what is the next move.
I clear timers.xml (with continuous "rm /etc/enigma2/timers.xml" while restarting Enigma2). Once Enigma2 has restarted, I restarted without doing anything on timers.xml. After this second restart, timers.xml had the default empty structure :

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
</timers>
Then I fill all my timers using OpenWebIf web interface. and the problem still exists !
My previous timers.xml was filled with Timers menu in Blackhole GUI (not via WebInterface) and the problem appears long time after... just after an online update.

For me, the timers.xml is not corrupted. This is an internal bug of BlackHole.

This is really anoying !
Is there any repository to contribute because this is going to make me crazy. This bug runs for weeks/months now.

Thank you

Of bug in Webinterface.
I have test Germany channels recording and using timers with GUI Menu .No bug.
Or better say I could not confirm the bug.

Test recording using Menu
this part of the image has not been changed for a few years now
and it is the same as VU +
In the case of a bug, they should be notified.

Last edited:

bouli

Vu+ Newbie
Of bug in Webinterface.
I have test Germany channels recording and using timers with GUI Menu .No bug.
Or better say I could not confirm the bug.

Test recording using Menu
this part of the image has not been changed for a few years now
and it is the same as VU +
In the case of a bug, they should be notified.

I am going to clear evertyhing again and I will create the same timer twice, once via Wbeinterface ,once via GUI and compare two resulting files. Let's hope I will find a difference.

bouli

Vu+ Newbie
I am going to clear evertyhing again and I will create the same timer twice, once via Wbeinterface ,once via GUI and compare two resulting files. Let's hope I will find a difference.
And I always use GUI to create timers. I just use WebInterface this time because it was faster to reencode 39 repeated timers via WebInterface than via GUI ;)

Cyclops

Vu+ Newbie
whoa. mocked about in settings last night and did a online update to 5.0.5.A. either the update or one of the things i did in settings seems to fix the problem.
Go to: main menu->setup->system->recording paths make sure they all is set to /hdd/movie/ (exept timeshift that is /media/hdd/) or where ever you weant them to record. not "save to standard location" witch is default.
I think that is the only thing i changed. if none of them work give me a shout and ill go through all my settings.

AlexWilMac

SSDs and HDDs work with the identical logic: they are not different for an operative system 8apart from the trim support, in case).

paperino61

Vu+ User
Hi to all..... same problem for me
(opned thread
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/problem-with-recusive-record.37119/)

"Using Bh 3.05 on solo4k
For some time, when I try to record recursive program, for example every day I wanto ro record TG from a local TV, new record goes over the previous one; in that way, every day I don't have anymore the record of previous days.
1. the problem is the same recording from dvbt tuner or sat tuner
2. I'm sure the problem has been present for a short time... I think since a couple of months; before any problem for that: every day a new record"

I use an internal HDD (not SSD)

AlexWilMac

I started reading about this very significative problem just immediately after my decision to abandon BH in favour of OBH. So I had never been affected by this bug.
And this is going on since about at least 18 months now, because I remember it started affecting BH 304. This means that, as it often happens, Vuplus code, that is the basis for BH, has not been fixed by vuplus coders, yet.
I would got insane if I still used BH, because I often need periodic recordings, some every day, others every week, and so on.