Recording problem

Mick12334

Your recording path is the same as mine, but in the tuner menu I have the priority set to Auto, which shouldn't make any difference to setting a timer.
The only thing I can suggest is that you do a fresh installation, of Open Blackhole, and don't add any backups, including your channel list.
Set up 3 satellites, and do a manual scan, of one transponder, on each.
Next set a timer, 15 minutes, on each of the 3 satellites, with a sufficient gap to take account of the default record margins.
Leave the receiver switched on and wait for the recordings to start.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Your recording path is the same as mine, but in the tuner menu I have the priority set to Auto, which shouldn't make any difference to setting a timer.
The only thing I can suggest is that you do a fresh installation, of Open Blackhole, and don't add any backups, including your channel list.
Next set a timer, 15 minutes, on each of the 3 satellites, with a sufficient gap to take account of the default record margins.

Has now installed a clean image with 3 satellites tested to record from 0.8W when the receiver was set to a channel of 4.8E then recording started but the dish did not move !

Have also tried to record a channel on the same satellite while I was on another channel on the same satellite and the receiver does NOT change channel

mrbeach

Vu+ User
The priority i have always had this setup

Mick12334

Have you got an internal Hard Drive fitted?
Have you checked the recordings, already made?
What happens if you record one channel, you're viewing, and try to view a second channel, on a different transponder?
What does it state in your Timers menu, regarding the set recordings?
Do you have both Tuner A, and Tuner B connected, or are you just using one tuner?
I have a twin LNB and use both tuners.
Check that your hard drive is still accessable, it might no longer be recognized, and need setting up again.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Have you got an internal Hard Drive fitted?
Have you checked the recordings, already made?
What happens if you record one channel, you're viewing, and try to view a second channel, on a different transponder?
What does it state in your Timers menu, regarding the set recordings?
Do you have both Tuner A, and Tuner B connected, or are you just using one tuner?
I have a twin LNB and use both tuners.
Check that your hard drive is still accessable, it might no longer be recognized, and need setting up again.

1. Old recordings are OK
2. Not possible see .4
3. Addtimer / add auto timer and in the Timer view see picture

Timer.jpg

4.Only tuner A
5. I can see all previous recordings

Mick12334

No, as you've loaded a frsh image, without using any backups.
Do you have any USB devices attached, e.g. a stick for picons?
Do you have any other hard drive, even an old, small SATA hard drive, the Duo 2 can take both 2.5", and 3.5" versions?
You haven't loaded any plugins, especially series recording options?
What happened when you pressed the record button, while viewing a channel?
Just noticed your Open webif recording screen and that's the Movies list, what does your Timers list look like?
How much space do you have left, on your hard drive?
Press Blue followed by Yellow, System Information button, it will tell you how much you have used.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
No, as you've loaded a frsh image, without using any backups.
Do you have any USB devices attached, e.g. a stick for picons?
Do you have any other hard drive, even an old, small SATA hard drive, the Duo 2 can take both 2.5", and 3.5" versions?
You haven't loaded any plugins, especially series recording options?
What happened when you pressed the record button, while viewing a channel?
Just noticed your Open webif recording screen and that's the Movies list, what does your Timers list look like?
How much space do you have left, on your hard drive?
Press Blue followed by Yellow, System Information button, it will tell you how much you have used.

Yes a usb for picon
no such plugin
Only a 500 Gb HD
when you pressed the record button, while viewing a channel? The recording start
what does your Timers list look like? What do you mean?
very much space

Mick12334

Please explain, Very Much Space, what is the % used figure, when you press the Blue Button, Followed by the Yellow Button?
If you go back into Open Webif, on the top left side, you will see the Movies link, which you've posted, and just below it the Timers link, which shows all the Timers, used, and yet to record, in your list, unless you manually delete them, using the red button option.

One thing you could try, is making a new cable, from your V-Box II, to your receiver, just in case there's an intermitten fault, with the cable, or connections.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Please explain, Very Much Space, what is the % used figure, when you press the Blue Button, Followed by the Yellow Button?
If you go back into Open Webif, on the top left side, you will see the Movies link, which you've posted, and just below it the Timers link, which shows all the Timers, used, and yet to record, in your list, unless you manually delete them, using the red button option.

One thing you could try, is making a new cable, from your V-Box II, to your receiver, just in case there's an intermitten fault, with the cable, or connections.

Sorry i delite them
HDD 488,1GB free 204,61 GB
USB 3,82GB Free 3,66GB

Ram 0240076
free 998004
cach 64400

Swap 0
free swap 0

Flash 862,3M
free 752,5M

the cable, it is the same as I used to my solo2 and that worked then

Last edited:

Mick12334

The VU+ Duo 2 has a different tuner, to the Solo 2, the Solo 2 is an integrated tuner, fixed, whereas the Duo 2 is a plug & play tuner, so it can be swapped, like a PC graphics card, so might require a slightly longer connection, or better cable quality.
I would also remove any USB connections, including the one you're using for Picons, just in case they're causing the problem.
You have a trial, & error, job, where you need to rule out everything, in order to locate the problem.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
The VU+ Duo 2 has a different tuner, to the Solo 2, the Solo 2 is an integrated tuner, fixed, whereas the Duo 2 is a plug & play tuner, so it can be swapped, like a PC graphics card, so might require a slightly longer connection, or better cable quality.
I would also remove any USB connections, including the one you're using for Picons, just in case they're causing the problem.
You have a trial, & error, job, where you need to rule out everything, in order to locate the problem.
i have 2 tuners one dubbel and one single so i shall test change tuners .
and cable.

Mick12334

Why do you have 3 tuners?
Earlier I thought you stated that you have only one cable, from your motorized dish. Do you have other dishes connected? Are you using Diseqc switches?
Is the single tuner for satellite or terrestrial/cable?

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Earlier I thought you stated that you have only one cable, from your motorized dish. Do you have other dishes connected? Are you using Diseqc switches?
i bought a used one and no i am onley use one tuner both are DVB-S

mrbeach

Vu+ User
i bought a used one and no i am onley use one tuner both are DVB-S
The cabling should not cause problems.
Because the box does not change the channel for recording if I choose to record a channel while the receiver is set to another on the same satellite!
see pictures.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
The cabling should not cause problems.
Because the box does not change the channel for recording if I choose to record a channel while the receiver is set to another on the same satellite!
see pictures.
Recordin1.jpg Recording 2.jpg

The top was not recorded! The box on (TV4) and recording would be on (SVT1) Same satellite different transponders