Recording/watching Vuplus Ultimo

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
Hello to everybody,

I have a dish with 3 LNB's with multiple exits, a Vuplus Ultimo, with 3 tuners, each one connected to 2 satellite cables, 2 for Astra 28.2, 2 for Hotbird 13e and 2 for Hotbird 19.2. What I would like to do is, for example, to watch BBC One and record another channel from the same Astra 28.2 satellite, but, while I record a channel, I can watch only a channel on the same transponder.

Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks!

If I am posting in the wrong place please be free to move this post where is appropriate....

Mick12334

To record one transponder, and view another, on the same satellite, you need separate tuners.
If I understand your configuration, correctly, you have separate cables, going to different tuners for 28.2E, a second tuner for 13E, and a third tuner for 19.2E.
If recording a program, on 28.2E, you should be able to view/record, channels on 19.2E, and/or 13E, if the tuners are set up correctly.
But you state that you have 2 cables, going into each tuner, which means you are using Diseqc switches, is this correct?
How have you got each tuner configured?

Can you please supply more detailed information.

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
I think it can if you configure the tuners to use a separate cable.
and 19.2 is not Hotbird but Astra

Thank you for answering, Matrix...Yep, of course it's Astra, my bad...I am going to put the configuration in the answer to Mick, I don't know how to configure the tuner to use a separate cable, where could I look?

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks to you too, Mick, these are the configuration at the moment....Sorry for the pictures, I don't know how to put them straight...In each tuner there are 2 cables coming from the same LNB

IMG_20201110_134400.jpg IMG_20201110_134533.jpg IMG_20201110_134606.jpg IMG_20201110_134625.jpg

Mick12334

I would change it round, either put a cable from 19.2E, and 28.2E, into tuner A, and configure it accordingly, or 13E, and 28.2E, into tuner A, and similar mix ups with the other tuners, so you don't have the same satellite, connected to the same tuner.
Personally I would probably add another cable, from each Diseqc switch, and have all 3 satellites, connected to all 3 tuners.

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
I would change it round, either put a cable from 19.2E, and 28.2E, into tuner A, and configure it accordingly, or 13E, and 28.2E, into tuner A, and similar mix ups with the other tuners, so you don't have the same satellite, connected to the same tuner.
Personally I would probably add another cable, from each Diseqc switch, and have all 3 satellites, connected to all 3 tuners.

Thank you, I cannot try now, but as soon as I will be able I will post the result

AlexWilMac

The best way to attach a picture is not... a photo. Use the grab command: just type in a browser the box IP address followed by /grab. For instance, if your box IP is 192.168.0.33

192.168.0.33/grab

and then save (right click) the picture you got.
This will also avoid to attach a rotated picture and the picture will be perfect, not just a more or less blurred photo.

My neck got wristled with your PICs.

You need to be very precise and detailed. If you've got 2 cables from each LNB, and 3 tuners, the only way to watch/record/PiP/Stream at the same time from different transponders is to use 2 DiSEqC switches (with 4 output ports), one for each of the first two tuners: the 3rd cannot be useful for those LNBs.
If you connect two cables to same tuner you shouldn't be able to achieve what you would, as far as I know.
So, for instance, you need to set your 3x2 signals by:

Tuner A
Mode: DiSEqC A/B/C/D
Port A: 28,2E
Port B: 13E
Port C: 19,2

and tuner B in exactly the same way.
Tuner C is not needed, with LNBs equipped by 2 out. You may use it for another, distinct LNB, in case. But this is not needed with 4 out switches, because you still have another port free, at the moment.
The 3rd tuner will come useful only if you change your LNBs with 4 outputs ones. So, you'll buy a 3rd 4-port DiSEqC switch and connect it to the 3rd tuner.
You'll have
3 cables x 3 LNBs x 3 tuners
and another cable available, for instance, for another box.

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
The best way to attach a picture is not... a photo. Use the grab command: just type in a browser the box IP address followed by /grab. For instance, if your box IP is 192.168.0.33

192.168.0.33/grab

and then save (right click) the picture you got.
This will also avoid to attach a rotated picture and the picture will be perfect, not just a more or less blurred photo.

My neck got wristled with your PICs."

One learns something every day...Thanks. Sorry about your neck....

Thanks also for the instructions, as soon as I have the time to test them I will report the results here

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
So, now I have twice (tuner A and B) 28.2+13E with a DiSEqC (4 exits) connected to the first connector on each tuner, the 19.2 (I have only one cable for this) is on tuner C

We are definitively going somewhere... First of all no neck problems looking at the pictures ;-)

When I record something on 28.2 (BBC1) I can watch anything on 13E and 19.2, but I cannot watch anything, apart from the channel on the same transponder, on 28.2
When I record something on 13E (Rai 3) I can watch anything on 13E, 19.2 and 28.2
When I record something on 19.2, I can watch anything on 28.2 and 13E, end, of course, only the channels on the same transponder.
If I start recording something on 28.2, I can record something on 13E, but I can watch only the channels that are on the transponder of the channels I am recording and I can watch all the channel on 19.2

So, it seems that I am doing something wrong with 28.2...Any suggestion? Thanks!

Tuners.jpg Tuner A.jpg Tuner B.jpg Tuner C.jpg

Attachments

• Tuners.jpg
    Tuners.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Tuner A.jpg
    Tuner A.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Tuner B.jpg
    Tuner B.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Tuner C.jpg
    Tuner C.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 3

Mick12334

First check that both Astra 2, 28.2E, feeds are working, do this by only connecting the 28.2E cables into Tuner C, instead of your 19.2E, and set it up for single, 28.2E.
If they are both working, try connecting one to Tuner A, then the second to Tuner B, as single cables, and configure accordingly, then try recording, and viewing channels, on 28.2E.

Please post back with the results, and if both are working then we need to check the configuration, for the diseqc switches.

AlexWilMac

Yes, I confirm there must be something wrong with one of the outputs of your LNB poited at 28,2E.
Actually, even without changing anything in your cable and in their connection to your tuners, you can easily understand if both outputs from this LNB work: you just need to set the preferred tuner for every functions once as Tuner A and then as Tuner B. This way you can easily understand if both outs work.
Which is your image? you didn't mention, if I'm not wrong. It seems BH.
But, anyway, there is a specific, general configuration section, in every images.

Finally, even if it's not related to your 28,2 problem, there's no need of using a different tuner only because 19E has only one output: you can simplify your system by assigning this cable to the Port C of Tuner A, for instance.

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for all the suggestions... Yes, I have a BH.

I tried to swap all the cables, and all 5 work without problems, then I tried to change a DiSEqC et voila', the problem was solved , the old one wasn't working properly.

Now I can record a channel (28.2E and 13E ) and watch another one on the same satellite without problems, If I try to record 2 programs on different satellites I can watch only the channels that are on the same transponder of the channel that I am recording. Makes sense...

The PiP, however, has still got some problems, sometimes the channel that I put in the small screen buffers or kind of freeze, while the main picture doesn't have any problems, if I swap the pictures, the main is OK, the other freeze, but, I repeat, is not always the case.

Does anybody have any suggestion about what to investigate to to solve this? Should I open another thread?

Thanks again
AA

AlexWilMac

First of all, i apologise because I should have thought alst to the switch. Actually, each component might cause a problem, from the cables themselves onwards.
About the freezing, I thing you are asking too much to your VU+: if it's an Ultimo, as you say in this thread's title, it's very obsolete.

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
First of all, i apologise because I should have thought alst to the switch. Actually, each component might cause a problem, from the cables themselves onwards.
About the freezing, I thing you are asking too much to your VU+: if it's an Ultimo, as you say in this thread's title, it's very obsolete.

You don't need to apologise! I have appreciated the contributions of all the members that have stepped in to help, I have learned a lot, for example how to grab a picture ;-) This is a great community.

I see what you mean about asking too much from an old box. I have used the basic functions of the Ultimo for years, without taking full advantage of all the possibilities. Now, because of the Covid situation, I have to spend a lot of time at home and, for my mental sanity, I need to get busy with something, so I started to explore the possibilities this Enigma2 box offers. It's amazing what it can do with an internet connection...