Remote channel stream converter

gogglebox

Vu+ User
I have a Vu+ Solo2 and Zero 4K. I’m trying to get the former channels onto the latter using Remote Channel Stream Convertor. It worked fine in 2H 18 but since March of this year hasn’t been working at all. In fact it seems to crash the box and cause weird behaviour on the source box. Both are running BlackHole.

I’m wondering how else to get the channels between the two boxes. I’ve looked into tuner server but it’s not using the bouquets, which I would like to use.

Matrix10

Administrator
My test with the last BH image on the Duo 4K server
Zero 4K client works perfectly.

For solo2 I do not know.

Maybe you can post a crash log.

gogglebox

Vu+ User
Thanks. Just updaated to last BH version on server and client.

Managed somehow to get the bouquet list on client but in bouquet list getting <n/a> with no channels inside.

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks. Just updaated to last BH version on server and client.

Managed somehow to get the bouquet list on client but in bouquet list getting <n/a> with no channels inside.

Maybe you did not configure the box
Customize >>> Enable multiple bouquets

gogglebox

Vu+ User
I did, i have managed about a year ago to get it working. The server is always restored from the last working full backup

AlexWilMac

Do you use any autosettings plugins or sort of? Or do you scan your channels by BH and then arrange them by your own?

gogglebox

Vu+ User
Do all the setup myself as I have three satellites and only use FTA channels.

The lamedb from the server has been imported to the client.

Is it possible to manually recreate the lists?

Danish_satman

Vu+ Newbie
Good morning and happy new year i will just ask if i use Remote channel stream converter in my Vu+ solo4k and see a tv channel lets us said i see a Danish program can i see a other tv program on my Vu+ zero on same time i try last day but i could only get the same program on my box

AlexWilMac

It depends on how many tuners you have: a stream engages a tuner as well as every other kind of viewing.
If you've got only one tuner you'll be able to watch on the other box only channels from the same transponder.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I use OBH on my receivers. In the tuners configuration there is an option which is to enable the tuner feature of another box. Then you point to the box that will give you this feature. If Solo 4K has two tuners even better. For example your Zero has access only to satellite A, when Solo 4K has A and B on both tuners ... you just have to have a list of channels on Zero that also has what's on B. Wifi connections may have limitations ...

ljwH09j.png

gogglebox

Vu+ User
Hi,

i’m trying to get bouquets from my Solo2 (server) to my Zero4K (client). I had already narrowed it down to a problem on the server by putting the boxes as close as possible and still getting the same problem. However, using the client as a server for itself worked perfectly and I tried this on the server and it didn’t work. Does anyone have any ideas?

is it possible to overwrite the plugin?

Sorry to reopen this old thread but figured out the issue is with the plugin on the solo2 (server).

gogglebox

Vu+ User
I’m still having issues with remote channel stream converter. I recently managed to get it working once but not since. Issue is definitely on solo2.

Without a clean install, can anyone recommend a way to reset remote channel stream converter?

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
If there is an absolutely simple function in E2, it is the Network Tuner ... a powerful resource that does not require a lot of knowledge.

First it is good to use OBH in the client box ... then in that same box you should not have the tuner configured for what it cannot give you ... the exception is in case you want to see two different channels on different frequencies. Cable network connections are advisable (either between receivers indoors or for streaming outside).

The list of channels in the client box is indifferent ... it doesn't have to be the same as the one in the box server .... it will only respond to what you can tune in to.

Is Solo2 a server or a client? In # 13 you have an example ... it's just this in the client box in OBH ... yes, many other images have the same function but here we talk about BH or OBH. Usually the box server does not need any intervention (BH / OBH).

Within the same network it is not necessary to open ports or activate authentication to the streams ... outside it is better to take precautions.

gogglebox

Vu+ User
I would prefer to use Remote Channel Stream Converter as it is there and BH does everything I need.

Solo2 is the server and I have done tests that point to it being issue, as well as a search online showing on different images that this an issue.

If the Solo2 is the server you need to add the correct ipaddress from the client, not 127.0.0.1

ipaddress if you dont now it can be found under network settings on the Solo2

gogglebox

Vu+ User
I’m aware of this, but using 127.0.0.1 is a good way to test the network & on the server it’s not working, which is explaining why I’m seeing this behaviour.