Remote channel stream converter

The Solo2 is referd to as a server but you really dont need any thing installed or configured on the Solo2 other then a working network, Cable is to prefer before WiFi since HD or even UHD demands lots of bandwith
To check if you network is OK do that with the network test under menu Network.

On any client box you need to install RemoteChannelStreamConverter and add the IpAddress to your Solo2
Then select the Bouquets you want to download to the client and all should work

I assume you have done this? it should be just a walk in the park to get RCSC to work

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
The Solo2 isn’t responding to 127.0.01, whereas the Zero4k is. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I don't know how you do this test ... you'll have to have one box turned off to be able to test the other ... the network test is done by pinging the box's IP ... you open the CMD and execute the ping command (ping ip box).

"In computing, localhost refers to the location of the system being used, ie the user's computer or "home". It is a loopback device that is assigned the IP address 127.0.0.1 in IPv4, or :: 1 in IPv6, and can be used by TCP / IP applications to test communication with themselves. [1]

Being able to communicate with the current machine as if it were communicating with a remote machine is useful for testing purposes, as well as for using features located on the current machine, but which are expected to be remote.

It is important to note that the IP address 127.0.0.1 is found on all computers, as it is a loopback device, so this is not the IP that "goes out to the internet" or to any other external user. Any computer wishing to connect to other machines, whether on LAN, MAN or WAN, must have an address assigned to it on that network." - by Wikipédia

The Solo2 is referd to as a server but you really dont need any thing installed or configured on the Solo2 other then a working network, Cable is to prefer before WiFi since HD or even UHD demands lots of bandwith
To check if you network is OK do that with the network test under menu Network.

On any client box you need to install RemoteChannelStreamConverter and add the IpAddress to your Solo2
Then select the Bouquets you want to download to the client and all should work

I assume you have done this? it should be just a walk in the park to get RCSC to work

It is not worth complicating ... I put here my experience with this. In the box server you don't have to do anything, put the client in OBH and configure the network tuner to point to the box server! There is no need to download the box sever bouquets, use whatever you want.
In OBH you don't need to install anything ... use the network tuner and you don't need RemoteChannelStreamConverter.

This works at home or with the client box on the other side of the world, so you have a good upload and download ...

gogglebox

Vu+ User
I know what I’m doing and how to test but I don’t need OBH. I’m happy with BH.

Somehow the issue has resolved itself and the bouquets transfer over automatically. I just have an issue streaming radio channels. I also prefer using RCSC because you then load the EPG on the client, so you don’t have to consume memory on the server.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Transfer bouquets ... so that if we can have a simple list in the client box to function normally?

If the box is not connected to the antenna, where will you get the EPG from? It can only be a box server ... if there is consumption, it is in any situation.

There is no problem in receiving the radio channels in the client box using the Network Tuner ...

Since you insist on using RCSC and not trying the network tuner, follow ...