Duo2 Remote Control Not Working Properly

DavJames

Vu+ Newbie
I've had my Duo2 for about 1 year and the remote has worked without problems. I have NOT reprogrammed it and I do NOT use it to control my TV. But the past few days the remote has stopped working correctly. Sometimes the buttons work and sometimes the buttons do nothing or do something other that what they're supposed to do. For example I could press the EPG button to view the EPG and instead it will enter a channel number.

I've wiped my hard drive and installed a new Vix Image Hades 012. But the problem remains.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Did that happen suddenly? or progressively worsening?
Any other infrared source nearby?
Did you try changing the batteries in the RCU?

nunigaia

I've had my Duo2 for about 1 year and the remote has worked without problems. I have NOT reprogrammed it and I do NOT use it to control my TV. But the past few days the remote has stopped working correctly. Sometimes the buttons work and sometimes the buttons do nothing or do something other that what they're supposed to do. For example I could press the EPG button to view the EPG and instead it will enter a channel number.

I've wiped my hard drive and installed a new Vix Image Hades 012. But the problem remains.

Have you checked your remote batteries?
Change the batteries for a new pack of them!

best regards
nunigaia

DavJames

Vu+ Newbie
Did that happen suddenly? or progressively worsening?
Any other infrared source nearby?
Did you try changing the batteries in the RCU?

It stopped working suddenly in the way I explained in my 1st post. There is no new infrared sources nearby that haven't already been there for the past year and it was working fine the past year. Haven't changed the batteries because when I resume from standby and the buttons don't work, if I leave the box for an hour or so, it starts working again. Or if I install a new image it will be working again but again the next day once I resume from standby, it stops working properly.

nunigaia

It stopped working suddenly in the way I explained in my 1st post. There is no new infrared sources nearby that haven't already been there for the past year and it was working fine the past year. Haven't changed the batteries because when I resume from standby and the buttons don't work, if I leave the box for an hour or so, it starts working again. Or if I install a new image it will be working again but again the next day once I resume from standby, it stops working properly.

Change the batteries! Test it and reply, i presume it´s cause batteries.

best regards
nunigaia

sizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I too have a remote control issue (Vu+ Solo2 BH 2.17) with not all key presses responding. However, I have noticed that the issue is really when the same key is pressed more than once. For instance pressing the down arrow repeatedly would result in it not working all the time, but pressing down, right, down, right whould work 100% of the time. So I was wondering could there be someting in the BH routine that checks for a double key press ? I know double presses are used particularly on the coloured remote control keys to do various functions.
Thanks and regards.

@MujaG@

BH Lover
Reset of RCU-Set-up

In case you want to reset the configured TV set-up of your RCU,

Press Sequence: <<1 + 6>>, <9>, <9>, <6>
1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press <9>, <9>, <6>.
3. This will reverse the RCU into no configuration state.
Found somewhere on net.
GL mates

sizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Reset of RCU-Set-up

In case you want to reset the configured TV set-up of your RCU,

Press Sequence: <<1 + 6>>, <9>, <9>, <6>
1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press <9>, <9>, <6>.
3. This will reverse the RCU into no configuration state.
Found somewhere on net.
GL mates

Thanks @Mujag@ I will try that. I was using the remote solely for the stb and had not setup a tv on it, but indeed worth a try.
Thanks.

sizzle

Vu+ Newbie
OK OK I am sitting here red faced....yes changing the batteries in the remote worked (yes it should have been the first thing for me to try). The old batteries were still at 70% but new ones made a difference. Sorry for wasting peoples time, I am embarassed.