Remote control problem with BH 3.0.3

itenary

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have a Vu+ Uno and yesterday I installed BH 3.0.3 on it. I had a old VTI image and I wanted to update a bit.
BH 3.0.3 works fine but I have the following problem (that I never had before today): If I press the same key on the remote more than once, it only works the first time. To make it work a 2nd time, I have to press another key (any other key will do) in between.
For instance, if I want to check what channel I'm on, I press ENTER and it shows at the bottom the channel name, the BH team logo, etc.... but when it goes back to full screen and I press ENTER again, nothing happens. But if I press say.... the red button (which does nothing) and then ENTER, it works again. But once only.
Same if I want to increase the volume. I press + on the sound button but the sound only goes up one increment. If I want to put the sound higher, I have to press + on sound button, then any other button, then + on sound button, then any other button, etc...

Any ideas?

(PS I have tried different batteries on the remote and the only thing that is different from yesterday is the image on my Vu+)

AlexWilMac

First of all, my compliments because finally there is someone perfectly explaining his issue!
I can assure you I have never had this problem. Actually, I'm now a OBH user but I still have BH installed in multiboot; so I tried if the last updates had introduced, by chance, this unwanted feature. It hasn't.
So, even if your remote worked with vti, the question is: is your remote original? is your VU+ original?
Anyway, as OBH is now much more than a project, and has got interesting features, why don't you give it a try? So, you'll have a 3rd case.

itenary

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply.
Yes both box and remote are originals.
And yes, remote worked perfectly normally with VTI.

To be fair, remote works perfectly well now as long as I remember to press alternate buttons (which can be a bit of a challenge)

err.... what is OBH?

AlexWilMac

Thanks for your reply.
Yes both box and remote are originals.
And yes, remote worked perfectly normally with VTI.

To be fair, remote works perfectly well now as long as I remember to press alternate buttons (which can be a bit of a challenge)

Yes, but this is not "perfectly well": it mustn't do so!

itenary

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I decided to reinstall VTI 6.0.5 but this has not solved the remote control problem. Still same problem, having to press alternate buttons.
This makes it impossible to connect to internet as my password begins with "n" and I have to press button "6" twice to do that and I can't press any other key in between.

Why did I go and mess with something that was working??????????

AlexWilMac

If it does not depend on the image you install, there is only one explanation: it's the RC that's faulty. The fact that the issue began after changing the image, could have been a coincidence (and, as a matter of fact, now the image that worked, doesn't work any longer).
BTW, to be sure, try some other images.