Remote control problem

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.
I have a mechanical problem with the standard remote control of my Duo2.
The central ring (the key that allows up, down, left and right moves) works very bad.
I bought my Duo2 in January 2018 and the remote control had no problem for the first months. Now I have to press strongly many many times in the hope that it will send the signal. Please note that:
- basically all the other keys of the remote control work fine, even if the 'OK' central button (the button within the central ring) starts showing the same symptoms;
- it looks like a mechanical problem , like if something inside is wearing out. When I see the feedback of the red light of the remote control, it means the the signal was sent; however, as I said, I have to try many many times before seeing the red light feedback.

The usage of the remote control is really becoming annoying.
I would like to know if there are other users experiencing that.
Did anyone open the remote control? Is it possible to fix the problem?
Alternatively, is it possible to map the functions of the central ring key to other keys in certain situations (and how)?
Alternatively, is it possible to control the stb with an app on an Android smartphone?
Alternatively, is it possible to buy a different remote control (the remote control of my TV has 10 years and works perfectly, may I use it to control the stb)?
If you have other solutions, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Tururu

BH Lover
It is a problem of the new command of the VU + DUO2 without solution when mixing 2 types of buttons inside, rubber contacts and metal contact.
The metal contact eats the contact for rubber buttons and the one you use the most is the first to fail, it does not matter to open and clean.
Suffer since 2013 with this problem.
Put a stack more improves the operation and does not break, even change the buttons that use more with micropulsadors, change the center wheel are few, but when they began to fail more, pass the subject, between 5 controls for the VU+DUO2 (RIP), Buy the old model VU+, the one they sell for Soo2/DUO2.
It works well.

If you buy clones, be careful that not all of them work to manage TV.
It does not matter if it's the new model for the DUO2 that you have now, like the old model.

Open is easy, be careful with your nails, you have to lift the sticker in the center and clean with cotton with alcohol, it lasts 1 month well, then bad again.
Due to problems with my hands, I do not have the same strength when pressing the buttons.

With Dreamdroid, it has a command and you can use it, but a command is 10€, you will need it if you update the image of the receiver.
----------------

Es un problema del nuevo mando del VU+DUO2 sin solucion al mezclar 2 tipos de botones por dentro, contactos de goma y contacto metalico.
El contacto metalico se come el contacto para botones de gomas y el que mas usas, son lo primeros en fallar, da igual abrir y limpiar.
Sufridor desde 2013 con este problema.
Poner una pila mas mejora el funcionamiento y no se rompe, incluso cambie los pulsadores que mas uso con micropulsadors, cambiar la rueda central son pocos, pero ya cuando empezaron a fallar mas, pase del tema, entre medias 5 mandos para el VU+DUO2 (RIP), Compra el modelo viejo VU+, el que venden para Soo2/DUO2.
Funciona bien.

Si compras clones, cuidado que no todos funcionan para manejar la TV.
Da igual que sea el modelo nuevo para el DUO2 que tienes ahora, como el modelo viejo.

Abrir es facil, cuidado con las uñas, tienes que levantar la pegatina en el centro y limpiar con algodon con alcohol, dura 1 mes bien, luego mal de nuevo.
Por problemas con las manos, no tengo la misma fuerza al prsionar los botones.

Con Dreamdroid, tiene un mando y lo puedes usar, pero un mando son 10€uros, lo necesitaras si actualizas la imagen del receptor.
En español para mi.

Mando_New_DUO2_1a.jpg

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Tururu, thanks for trying to help; however I only understood partially your reply. It seems that the problem is known since 2013, so I guess many other users had to cope with it; how did they solve it? However blame on VU+ for still providing such a faulty remote control.

I see from the pictures that it is possible to open the remote control, but I have not understood very well what it is possible to do in order to fix the problem. Could you please be a bit more didactic? Or could anyone else clarify the explanation for a layman?

The problem would be mitigated if the developers of the OBH (or BH, for the matter) would add a feature like the following: when a GUI window (like the channel list, the EPG list, etc.) is displayed on the screen, then the following buttons on the remote control should work like (in addition to) the central ring and the ok button:
1 2 (up) 3
4 (left) 5 (ok) 6 (right)
7 8 (down) 9
0 (open channel list)
Is that too much work? Is there a way to achieve the same through a configuration file?

I am not interested in Dreamdroid. What I would like to know is if there is any ANDROID app that I can use from my smartphone to control the VU+ device (via Bluetooth for example) like with a remote control. Alternatively, can the VU+ device be configured as a hot spot, so that I can connect to it from the smartphone and use OpenWebIf?

Thanks in advance.

Tururu

BH Lover
In 2013 I bought the first VU+DUO2, the problem is known since it went on the market, the control is shit, to say another thing is to lie, the receiver is perfect, I have 3.

I bought a VU+DUO2 for a friend a few months ago (2018) and the new control arrived and with a blue TDT2 (the new one this year), let me know about the problem and if I wanted another spare control.
The solution is to buy the old control or one of the new IR300RCU
The dreamdrid program has a virtual command to connect the mobile phone to the receiver.
If you want to repair the drivers, if you like to play, put some microswitches that will be the ones you press new, above, soldiers on the remote control board, they are 1.5mm high pushbuttons, you can solve it, consult a friend about your installation .
img_a19058.png

In 2016 (the other day), using these buttons, 4x4x1.5mm in height, change the 5 of the wheel + the volume and channels (Total 9), to crack more buttons pass the new DUO2 model and buy the old ones type2

If you want to laugh, put this reference on Ebay .............. 221933220524
50 pushbuttons for 1'4 €uros, then skill for coupling.

What has been said, consult with a friend who has a soldering iron and likes the electronics, they are easy to put, the idea is to replace what you have with this new push button, fingers are missing to count step by step how you have to make the change, the new command VU + DUO2 are € 15, the old one is € 10, if you want to repair the old one, perfect, it's your time, use it as you want.
-----------
En 2013 compre el primer VU+DUO2, el problema se conoce desde que salio al mercado, el mando es una mierda, decir otra cosa es mentir, el receptor es perfecto, tengo 3.

Compre para un amigo hace unos meses (2018) un VU+DUO2 y llego el nuevo mando y con un TDT2 azul (el nuevo de este año), avise del problema y si queria otro mando de repuesto.
La solucion es comprar el viejo mando o uno de los nuevos IR300RCU
El programa dreamdrid tiene un mando virtual para conectar por wifi del movil al receptor.
Si quieres reparar los pusadores, si te gusta jugar, pon unos microinterruptores que seran los que pulses nuevos, encima, soldados en la placa del mando a distancia, son pulsadores de 1.5mm de altura, lo puedes solucionar, consulta con algun amigo su instalacion.
img_a19058.png

En 2016 (el otro dias), usando estos pulsadores, de 4x4x1.5mm de altura, cambie los 5 de la rueda + los de volumen y canales (Total 9), al cascar mas botones pase del nuevo modelo del DUO2 y compre los viejos tipo2.

Si te quieres reir, pon esta referencia en Ebay.............. 221933220524
50 pulsadores por 1'4€uros, luego maña para acoplar.

Lo dicho, consulta con algun amigo que tenga soldador y le guste la electronica, son faciles de poner, la idea es sustituir lo que tiene por este pulsador nuevo, faltan dedos para contar paso a paso como tienes que hacer el cambio, el mando nuevo VU+DUO2 son 15€, el viejo son 10€uros, si quieres reparar el viejo, perfecto, es tú tiempo, usalo como quieras.
En español para mi.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Bueno. Gracias Tururu!
I am not familiar with soldering, but in case I'll take this solution into consideration.
For the time being I am using Openwebif from the PC, but that cannot be a long term solution.
I just wait a little bit longer to hear how other users has solved the problem.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Actually I discovered that in OpenWebIf there is a GUI window which perfectly emulates the remote control (it is possible to toggle between a simplified but effective version of the remote control and a clickable image of the physical remote control which seems to make all the features available).
So, if it would be possible to access OpenWebIf via Bluetooth or WiFi, I could use my smartphone as the remote control.
As HTTP runs over TCP/IP it should be a matter of setting up TCP/IP over Bluetooth or WiFi. Does anyone have experience with that? For example, is it possible to turn the VU+ into a WiFi hotspot?
Thanks.

antoine3_dupres

Vu+ Newbie
I had this remote issue with my vu duo2 some years ago. Believe it or not, but i fixed it by dismounting the remote, and with a pen drawing inisde the keys! This will place some graphite on the surface and will fix the issue.
(I found this trick with google)
Try it you will be amazed by the result.

antoine3_dupres

Vu+ Newbie
To be more precised, you have to draw on the plastic within the holes (see picture above where it is written OK) remove gently the plastic and draw on the plastic holes, when pressing the plastic makes the contact with the below circuit. Hope this will help.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
I fixed the problem with my remote control.
As the solution I adopted is different from any other solution I am aware of, I created a mini guide for fixing the problems.
In any case, thanks to all the members of the Vu+ community that gave me some useful hints.

Attachments

• Vu+ Duo2 remote control fixing.pdf
    102.7 KB · Views: 22

AlexWilMac

Dovrò provarla questa perché ho accantonato un new design anch'io, unico telecomando che ritengo comodo, per la più logica collocazione in basso dei numeri e per la collocazione e differenziazione degli altri tasti.

Tururu

BH Lover
I fixed the problem with my remote control.
As the solution I adopted is different from any other solution I am aware of, I created a mini guide for fixing the problems.
In any case, thanks to all the members of the Vu+ community that gave me some useful hints.

Aumentas la presion sobre la pieza metalica que cierra el circuito sobrel la placa, dale un poco mas de tiempo.
You increase the pressure on the metal piece that closes the circuit on the plate, give it a little more time.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
So, after some months, I feel like to report how the story is proceeding.
For new readers, please read first the preceeding posts in this thread, which set the context.
The fix of the remote control works ... worked. Actually I needed to repeat the fix a couple of times, just because of the material I used, which deteriorated.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, almost suddenly many buttons of the remote control were not working any more. I removed the upper part of the remote control plastic shell, thinking that the material I used to make the fix deteriorated again and needed to be replaced. But this time, even operating directly with the finger on the silver domes that are associated to the buttons, it did not work, it did not close the circuit, there was no visual feedback from the red led. And not only for the central buttons, also for many other buttons (which up to now did not give any problem). So I thought Tururu was right in the long run and the remote control was dead. I ordered a new universal remote control. While waiting for the delivery, I still used from time to time the original remote control (alternating with the virtual remote control in OpenWebIf). And, surprise, after a few days, the original remote control restarted to work properly. I really cannot imagine what was the cause of the problem (electromagnetic noise? Sun electromagnetic storm?). I would like to hear from someone with some expertise in the field.
In the meanwhile, I got the new universal remote control, which I hope will end the whole pain.
Greetings!