Reset solo

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I think my solo has become corrupt after I uploaded a new channel list since it wont boot anymore. Its stuck in "starting gui" sequence. I tried to download the latest image from vu + and placed it on a usb (fat32) drive but then the receiver wont start at all with that usb stick inserted. How can I do a factory reset when it does not seem to accept my USB stick?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mick12334

Are you sure the channel list uploaded correctly?
Please try removing the USB stick, let the receiver boot up, to the GUI screen, then press the menu button, on your remote, and see if you can gain access.

Can you please confirm that you have the old VU+ Solo, and not one of the newer versions, VU+ Solo SE, or VU+ Solo 4K.

AlexWilMac

This could be the nth case of "automatic" channel lists causing troubles.
If users weren't so lazy to perform a simple scanning of channels and so lazy to use a bouquet editor or plugins like AutoBouquetsMaker, they wouldn't get into troubles.
Let a receiver do what it is designed to do. And, above all, don't think a "channel list" is simply a list: many of these settings' plugins do modifications in system files. I won't never be tired of telling this.

That said, you can't try only one USB sticks because we've had many examples of incompatible USB pen drives. Try another one but, above all, are you sure you prepared it the right way? Too many times we found out after many messages the users' mistakes.
What do you have exactly in the USB stick root?

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Are you sure the channel list uploaded correctly?
Please try removing the USB stick, let the receiver boot up, to the GUI screen, then press the menu button, on your remote, and see if you can gain access.

Can you please confirm that you have the old VU+ Solo, and not one of the newer versions, VU+ Solo SE, or VU+ Solo 4K.

Yes I have the VU+ SOLO (one tuner), and I may have misunderstood how the receiver works. When the receiver isn't receiving any signal or cannot access the channel it display "Starting gui", but if I as you said press menu I can enter the menu and also select a channel which is ok. I guess the receiver started on a channel that I could not watch and therefore I interpreted that as the receiver went corrupt when it actually did not :). And I now use the drreamboxEdit application on my pc to sort and edit my bouquet list which works fine.

Thanks for fast reply!