[RTL8811AU] WiFi USB Adapter Wireless Net LAN Dongle

zorbas40

Vu+ Newbie
I have got a 600Mbps Dual Band 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz PC WiFi USB Adapter Wireless Net LAN Dongle, and try to connect to my VU solo + with no luck. It has black hole image.

Do you know how and what to do to fix that PLEASE?

Many thanks for your help

AlexWilMac

Maybe, if you tell us what brand and model is your adapter, you have a little bit more chances to get useful info...

zorbas40

Vu+ Newbie
I have it working fine on my laptop with the blue light flashing but when it is at the back of the box does nothing

AlexWilMac

I think you love the risk. As you see it's classified as "Brand: Unbranded/Generic".
YOu are not using windows but, basically, Linux. They provided you only with the Windows (and only W10) drivers.
Before buying something, it's better if you look for products that have got drivers for VU+ or, at least for Linux.
But here we don't know the chipset used by your device. Anyway, in BH it's not easy to install drivers because they are ALL already built-in and unless you are not an expert Linux user (and, as I said, you know the chipset of your device).
In case, if you manage to know the chipset, you can try OBH where drivers can be installed by the specific addons section of the image.

zorbas40

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much for your time to write and your advice. I try to look for OBH but nothing is comming up in the forums. am sorry to be a pain but as new to this and lost
do i have to go to add ons and see if there is this OBH? many thanks again

AlexWilMac

OBH is Open BlackHole, another image developed and supported in this forum. But, as I said, if you don't found out what is the chipset used by your strange adapter, you won't be able to install any driver.
The only real advice I can give you is to do a search for the wifi adapter surely compatible with BH or OBH (that, as you should have learned, is the acronym for BlackHole and OpenBlackHole) in their current versions, respectively 3.0.5 and 4.1, and then buying it.
Or, if you really want to get rid of every hardware drivers issue and if you want the best performances, abandon the idea of wifi adapters and (as I imagine your decoder is not near your router to use a LAN cable) connect it to the router by two powerlines.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Your product is listed as being Linux compatible. Do this to find what driver you need.
(1) Insert usb lan device into the receiver.
(2) Telnet to the box, then type lsusb and press enter. All usb devices that are connected to the receiver should be listed.

I realize you are wanting to install a wireless lan, but you will need to find some way to telnet to the box so you can see what driver your usb lan device needs.

zorbas40

Vu+ Newbie
Hi and thank you for your help
I did telnet/lsusb and i have on the list
0bda:a811
1d6b:0002
1d6b:0002
1d6b:0001
1d6b:0001
any ideas what to do next? many thanks

AlexWilMac

Yes: copy and paste these string in a search engine; but, clearly, only the first appear to be a real device. Once you know what it is, you should find its chipset and its maker. If its chipset is listed among the OBH driver, you are lucky.

zorbas40

Vu+ Newbie
I fed up now, I look for the drive on the internet and end up more confused .....then i took the small cd that came with the USB wireless and gone into the linux drives and i copy the drives into the wireless file via FTP then I try again and again with no luck, lost all day for nothing but i did not cry...much.....

AlexWilMac

Because these enigma2 images are "linux-Based" operative systems, not Linux itself; and because Linux is a world made of many, many distributions, where a Fedora driver might be incompatible to Ubuntu or RedHat....
But I see a RT8812 driver in the driver section of OBH (OpenBlackHole). Maybe you can give OBH a try.
Or, as I said, look for a wifi adapter SURELY compatible with these images (not only with Linux).
OR.... throw away every wifi adapters, slow and complicated, and change your life by two gorgeous powerlines: no driver needed, much faster and reliable.

Attachments

• RT8812.jpg
    RT8812.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 101

arnfs78

Vu+ Newbie
Because these enigma2 images are "linux-Based" operative systems, not Linux itself; and because Linux is a world made of many, many distributions, where a Fedora driver might be incompatible to Ubuntu or RedHat....
But I see a RT8812 driver in the driver section of OBH (OpenBlackHole). Maybe you can give OBH a try.
Or, as I said, look for a wifi adapter SURELY compatible with these images (not only with Linux).
OR.... throw away every wifi adapters, slow and complicated, and change your life by two gorgeous powerlines: no driver needed, much faster and reliable.

Hi i have an wireless adapter with rtl8812au. It does not work in vu+ zero 4k with blackole. Can you please help me with the driver?
Thank you

zorbas40

Vu+ Newbie
Hi i have an wireless adapter with rtl8812au. It does not work in vu+ zero 4k with blackole. Can you please help me with the driver?
Thank you
Hi I have not set up mine, with the Realtek RTL8811AU, I was trying for days.the best is direct from the router with cable.
All the best and good luck.

meloserj

Vu+ Newbie
@Alexwilmac bro I couldn't find the plugin which you mentioned here. Is that still available in OBH 4.3? I have D-link DWA-182 which has the same 8812AU chipset and in BH I tried to install the driver from Wireless drivers section with no success.
Your kind answer is appreciated

Cheers