Rytec EPG

Rytec

Some of you already know the Rytec EPG data, but for those who doesn't know it yet :
In most of the images you can download a plugin called XMLTV-import or EPG plugin or RyVix Plugin or other names. But they all have the same goal, to provide EPG for almost all channels from a provider for about 6 à 7 days. For example Canal Digitaal, TV Vlaanderen, Télésat, Sky UK, Sky Germany, Canalsat, Sky Italy, Dplus, Nordic, etc.
You can select one or more EPG datasources in this plugin and every day the plugin updates the EPG data from my site and add it to your receiver.
You also can download the plugin from my website www.rytec.be

Rytec

If you tell us what image you use then we can tell you how to get this epg working.
Because there a few images such as Gemini OE1.6 and Newnigma OE1.6 and maybe some others which do need a little bypass of the standard plugin.
And it still is not 100% stable in OE1.6 I read too many issue's.

Hello RyTec -
Although very happy about your service - it's excellent - I've had a problem that I've seen also among others. I suspect it may have something to do with your service, but I'm not sure. I'll try to describe and give you some details:

Several users (me also) have reported in different forums that the EPG shows current date's programs AND yesterdays', all mixed up. The error has been reported on several images, and also on both VU+ and DreamBox 8000 (running PP image). The users have tried altering settings, and different EPG plugins (at least both CrossEPG and RyTec/RyVIX are mentioned). We have also tried to disable plugins, deleting downloaded EPG info, reinstalling image - all without a solution to the problem.

My solution was to reset the receiver to factory settings, WITHOUT loading my settings (a "clean" install, if you will). The error is gone, but since I've not dared use your service again... I know that the error occurred a couple of weeks ago - before that the EPG was ok. This error also (as far as I know) applies to RyTec Nordic or Norway.

Hopefully, you can look into this - and should there be an error in your settings files, please correct it for the next update. I'd rather use your service as before, but I'll wait until I'm fairly confident that the error has been fixed.

Should you find that this error has nothing to do with your settings files - please forgive me for bringing it up.

regards,
BjOlav

Thanks for your remark.

I have seen this behaviour on my Vu+ for the één from Belgium. I could trace this error to the webgrab. I was able to correct the download, and did not see this anymore on this channel.

This happening in the Nordic download has not been brought to our attention before. Normally the webgrabs work OK, however errors are always possible. But most of the times they are limited to a couple of channels and one day. However the wrong information remains in your box until it expires. (The error could have happened a couple of days ago - and when you see it it cannot be traced anymore)

If you observe this behaviour, I recommend you first get rid of the epg into the box by the following method:

In telnet type in:

Code:
init 4 <ENTER>
rm /media/hdd/epg.dat <ENTER>   or /media/usb/epg.dat or /media/cf/epg.dat if the epg.dat file resides on these locations.
init 3  <ENTER>

Now perform a new epg import and check the results.
If they are OK now then you know for sure that the error happened a couple of days before, and the current file is OK. At this moment I cannot trace the error anymore.

Willy

Foreman

BH Lover
Hello Rytec.Thank you for very useful plugin.But i have a request.can i get OSN epg for BH image?How?Plz help me.

Foreman

BH Lover
Thank you so much for your help and support.one question.is there a way to get nova epg in English language.

kingy29

Vu+ Newbie
Rytec can you help me please been using rytec skyuk for several weeks excellent no problems then from Friday nothing. Did a manual download seems to connect download complete but no epg not populating, using BH image