Satellite & Channels

poacher1

Vu+ Newbie
I am connected to an old fixed Sly Dish using my Vu Duo 2.

Is there information on what satellites I can pick up and what channels that im likely to get.

Or would you recommend my buying a motorized dish.

Thanks for you help

Mito

Administrator
Your question is too much vague.
Where is pointed your dish?
However, if you want be able to receive more then one satellite, you may consider to use a multifeed system.

Ev0

Admin
Depending on how old your dish is (pre 2000 / 2001 or post 2001) then it will either be on 19.2e or 28.2e, so you will either get Astra1 or Astra2 satellites.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
The real issue is how big of your dish. The uk standard zone 1 dish is about 45cm, it is almost for Bsky and freeview only at 28.-28.5E. A 60cm economic disk now only costs £15-30, it is much cheaper than a receiver. Therfore, you have a good reason to update the dish to a good size, than you have much more options depend on where are living, which satellite you want watch. By the way, the installation is much more expensive if you want to contract the job to a 'specailist'. Of course, you can do it yourself providing the dish location is good and safe to access by yourself.

poacher1

Vu+ Newbie
My present dish is pointing at 28.2E / im interested in picking up different sats to see if i can pick up movies n stuff

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
My present dish is pointing at 28.2E / im interested in picking up different sats to see if i can pick up movies n stuff
It depends on many factors.
1. If you currently use a sky 45cm dish, you have litte chance to catch other satellite except around 28.2-28.5E (BskyB and uk freesat).
2. If you can add another dish, it will considerably increase the range of your chance.
3. If you replace the Bsky dish with a large size dish, you may pickup 13E satellites, there are many choices.