Setting of DNLA Plugin with NAS Server (Emby)

sam613

Vu+ Newbie
Hello

I have a Emby Server as a DNLA Server.
I want to use my VU+ Solo as a DNLA Client (receiver).
The Black Hole image 3.02f includes a DNLA Plugin (based on djmount).
I have started it, and it recognizes my server. No problem.
I have also installed Media Player De Luxe.
No problem to connect to my Emby Server from VU+. I can browse directories, sub directories, etc..
but I don't see any movie files.
What is the trick ?
Are there administrative rights ?
In the problem resides on the server setting (Emby Server side) or with the client (VU+ DNLA plugin) ?
Thanks for any help

Sam

nunigaia

Hello

I have a Emby Server as a DNLA Server.
I want to use my VU+ Solo as a DNLA Client (receiver).
The Black Hole image 3.02f includes a DNLA Plugin (based on djmount).
I have started it, and it recognizes my server. No problem.
I have also installed Media Player De Luxe.
No problem to connect to my Emby Server from VU+. I can browse directories, sub directories, etc..
but I don't see any movie files.
What is the trick ?
Are there administrative rights ?
In the problem resides on the server setting (Emby Server side) or with the client (VU+ DNLA plugin) ?
Thanks for any help

Sam

Afaik, Emby don´t have for now an native enigma2 plugin, to handle your Emby Server.

You can solve this, by using Plex Server ( install it on your PC ) and dreamplex enigma2 plugin to connect to your Plex Server and handle your Media files on your PC.

It's easy and your Vuplus will automatically discover your Media files and synchronize them.

best regards
nunigaia

sam613

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks nunigaia

1- sorry having post twice my message, the first I have made en error, and don't know how to remove a post once you have created.
2- as I know that Emby does not provide any native Enigma client, I though that I could use DNLA standard. It should work normaly, but I don't know how to setup on my server (I must provide a specific profile).
3- I would prefer to wait for Emby community for a native Enigma Client, rather than installing Plex server. Emby is very good server that I already use with Kodi
4- Thanks for your help ;-)

nunigaia

Thanks nunigaia

1- sorry having post twice my message, the first I have made en error, and don't know how to remove a post once you have created.
2- as I know that Emby does not provide any native Enigma client, I though that I could use DNLA standard. It should work normaly, but I don't know how to setup on my server (I must provide a specific profile).
3- I would prefer to wait for Emby community for a native Enigma Client, rather than installing Plex server. Emby is very good server that I already use with Kodi
4- Thanks for your help ;-)

1 - No problem.

§ - I read in Emby forum that someone has asked to DreamPlex Dev´s a porting to Emby enigma2, but it seems that are no news about that ( no answers ).

best regards
nunigaia