Settings layout

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Anyone can explain how settings files work in Duo2? I would like using Dreamset 2.39 to build and edit my own settings, I don't want precookied settings. It seems possible in Dreamset to edit all settings parameters: satellite, transponders, channels...... It saves in lamedb format, but reading other posts here in this board it seems that sat and tp are stored in satellites.xml file. Anyone could explain? How can I backup my settings? Which files I must copy from Duo2 to my PC and in which folder in Duo2 are placed? Thank you.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
I post my question in another way: Once settings are uploaded in the box, which file I must backup to save complete setting in case of box crash? I don't want to make a so great job again! And every time I update my settings I like to backup them. Anyone can explain? Thank you.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Yes I can save settings on hdd, but what about save all settings file on my PC? Which files I must copy from the box to my computer?

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
Do a fulll backup and a personal backup (save to box hard drive if you have one or usb) the vuplus folder is the one to look for (thats the full backup) on your box hard drive or usb the other file is BhPersonalBackup (personal backup). The BhpersonalBackup will have a .bh1 or another number upto 5 depending on how many times you have done a personal backup of your settings.
The vuplus folder has Duo files that you load to a usb to recover the full image with all your settings similar to reflashing.
Back up can be used after you reflash a new image as long as you ignore any of the prompts at startup of a new image find the backup menu and restore your settings backup there. You might need to reinstall some plugins that cannot be backed up.
Backup images and recorded stuff on the box hard drive are not deleted when reflashing. Hope this helps.

josvick

Vu+ Newbie
so Fizzz33 in other words if i take a full backup on USB pen drive, i cannot flash with that ... I have to first flash the image and then restore my backup from USB. .. sorry for this kind of question but i'm still new trying to understand the concepts.

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
Yes you can flash with a full backup on usb. (Similar to a new flash) I've done it, it brings everything back as it was. You can flash a full backup from image on hdd by going to Software management/Advanced Options/Advanced restore and choosing the backup with menu button. Thats handy if you have used Openvix and BH and done a full backup of both images on your hard drive you can then swop between backups in a matter of mins. Saves using Meoboot which I find a pain to use and get rid of.
You only restore a backup of settings after a new image flash.