share folders with W10

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
HI guys! After having some problems with my computer, I decided to make a new install of all the system and install W10 instead of W7. I want to know if in W10 I have to make some additional configuration tan in W7 because I can´t see the shared folder in my vu. I have shared the same folder, with a static ip in the computer and then get atributes to the Anonymous logon but doesn´t work. Something special?

Nizze

Vu+ Newbie
I think that you have to enable smb v1, cifs in windows 10.
To enable SMB1 in Windows 10, do the following.
  1. Press the Win + R keys to open Run and type optionalfeatures.exe into the Run box.
  2. Find SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support in the list and check the box next to it.
  3. Alternatively, you can expand it and enable only client or server, depending on what you want.

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
I think that you have to enable smb v1, cifs in windows 10.
To enable SMB1 in Windows 10, do the following.
  1. Press the Win + R keys to open Run and type optionalfeatures.exe into the Run box.
  2. Find SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support in the list and check the box next to it.
  3. Alternatively, you can expand it and enable only client or server, depending on what you want.

Thank you very much. That solve the problem! now it´s running fine!!

Nizze

Vu+ Newbie
In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server, version 1709 (RS3) and later versions, the Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1) network protocol is no longer installed by default.

AlexWilMac

It means I did not update my virtualized win10. Actually, after I spent a whole day to do such a simple thing for some clients, I try not to launch my virtual machine too often.
Yes, I understand why this new choice: it's too hard work for the poor Daedalus of DLLs.... :D
It's better if it stays focused on other task like opening Notepad...
After all, why a dialogue to other real OSs like Linux or MacOs? It better to stay in quarantine itself, seen the situation.

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
That`s it. By the way I don´t know that this SMB service is the same that allows to see another pcs in the same domain. I only can say that when I install this service, I can see the full service of streaming.

Thanks a lot!

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
I beg your pardon. I have been hacked in my computer, so I have to clean and install Windows by zero. I have installed the system with my office account and creating a pin code. I have activated the smb service in pc and in the vu. The username and password is ok because it´s running fine when I connect to this pc by another pc by destop remote. I am using the same username and password in the vu but I can´t get connection. Someone have the same problem?

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
I have solved it! Checking the installation, my daughter has moved the ethernet cable and doesn´t recognized the connection!

Kind regards!

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server, version 1709 (RS3) and later versions, the Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1) network protocol is no longer installed by default.

I don't think this is so true ...

I formatted my PC with the latest version of Windows (2004):

Xsj0v5d.png

There was absolutely nothing to do for samba to work:

vfepRwn.png

In the previous version the same situation ...