Skin boot in build

Polar Bear

Vu+ Newbie
What files to edit in build to get skinn to boot on fyrst boot on all vu box
I see in engima pack settings files for difrent dreambox do they work ?

Matrix10

Administrator
What files to edit in build to get skinn to boot on fyrst boot on all vu box
I see in engima pack settings files for difrent dreambox do they work ?

Hi PB,

I have only this information.I hope that's what you ask.
You can find the recipe in:
openvuplus/meta-bsp/common/recipes/vuplus/vuplus-bootlogo
But you gotta know much more to build a customized image.
For more information and help, unfortunately we do not have time.

Rgd MX

Polar Bear

Vu+ Newbie
Thenks for the replay my friend but I am not asking abut bootlogo
But how to adust skin in the build so it boot in the skin

Polar Bear

Vu+ Newbie
PS. I did build 2,1 Vu+ Polar team Thor beta some time ago but that was for fun as Dreambox image was ready for public

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Hi PB, maybe this is the answer but the question is a little unclear.

You can edit the file skin.py in the main folder of vuplus-dvbapp.git

Polar Bear

Vu+ Newbie
skin.py is coding and if users wont to use difrent skin later on that dont work so good
Also I cult rename my skin and edit skin.xml to default-HD skin but that is dont not the way I like to do it.
In Dreambox ( I hat for got the VU+ ipk name ) enigma2_3.999git20130607-r9.0_mips32el.ipk in usr/share/enigma2/defaults/Dream/ we hat settings files for all box
It can be edit , orginal its : config.skin.primary_skin=Default-HD/skin.xml then rebuld and bitbake.
Also if som one know the name off the VU+ enigma2 pack it wult be nice as I did lost in when my HDD did cras and it dont hat same name as DMM pack do
I wonder way ,but thats difrent story when we talk abut respegt .
I dont got VU box my slef so I am build in it blind

@paolino I am told Polar build VU+ image work wery good and stabill and never crass but I dont know my self. as its dust a faver to a good old friend.

Shiro

BH-C
skin.py is coding and if users wont to use difrent skin later on that dont work so good
Also I cult rename my skin and edit skin.xml to default-HD skin but that is dont not the way I like to do it.
In Dreambox ( I hat for got the VU+ ipk name ) enigma2_3.999git20130607-r9.0_mips32el.ipk in usr/share/enigma2/defaults/Dream/ we hat settings files for all box
It can be edit , orginal its : config.skin.primary_skin=Default-HD/skin.xml then rebuld and bitbake.
Also if som one know the name off the VU+ enigma2 pack it wult be nice as I did lost in when my HDD did cras and it dont hat same name as DMM pack do
I wonder way ,but thats difrent story when we talk abut respegt .
I dont got VU box my slef so I am build in it blind
@paolino I am told Polar build VU+ image work wery good and stabill and never crass but I dont know my self. as its dust a faver to a good old friend.

You should study a little the Vu+ sources.
skin.py is not fixed it defines only the default setting exactly what you have asked. Then the user can choose a different skin.
Like already replyed to you in the above post the setting fo the default skin is defined for Vu+ in skin.py.

But Vu+ code in OE2 applyed a patch at compilation time to change this setting.
So you have to patch the patch.

The patch is here:
http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vu...dc66bfc244ace9ffe32fad19;hb=refs/heads/master

The line of the patch that you have to change is this:
Code:
-config.skin.primary_skin = ConfigText(default = "skin.xml")
+config.skin.primary_skin = ConfigText(default = "Vu_HD/skin.xml")

rgds

Polar Bear

Vu+ Newbie
Thenks Shiro :)
I will look in to this LOL only sad thing I can not test my self :) but It is a challenge to do this blindly

Polar Bear

Vu+ Newbie
LOL yes I know But I hat forget that name and lost my edit to it ;) when my hdd did crass but shor I can find it agen but wult dust be more easy know then name off it or the fyrst letters but look thru all mips32el.ipk folder to look for it
I know what is in it ;) I hat go thru it befor

paolino

Vu+ User+++
LOL yes I know But I hat forget that name and lost my edit to it ;) when my hdd did crass but shor I can find it agen but wult dust be more easy know then name off it or the fyrst letters but look thru all mips32el.ipk folder to look for it
I know what is in it ;) I hat go thru it befor

It's used in this form to distinguish, what is done for. For example xxxxxx_all.ipk is for all enigma2 devices. If you use xxxxxxxx_solo2.ipk, means that is done only for Solo2 and so on...

PS: I'm sorry for your HDD :(.

Polar Bear

Vu+ Newbie
Yes paolino I know that and I do it for all box I did build ;) I hat all vuplus 2.1 cvs build in my hdd agen now also all DMM OE2.0
But rison I use VUPlus not diftent github is becurs I like to work from fress cvs image its is a respegt to difrent team .
find this ipk did take my last time I maby hat to fress my memory