External smb/cifs not open HDD

good morning

2 days ago I bought a network HDD .. works as a NAS ... the problem is that I could not mount it on my Vu + uno4k.
It works well in my Gigablue that has an NSF image ......... but in Vu + I scan the network and the blackhole I see it in the network, but it does not open it ..

I tried with all the possible possibilities and there is no way apparently the blackhole has some protection or incompatibility in SMB.

please someone to give me the light :)

a911

The BH Lover
good morning

2 days ago I bought a network HDD .. works as a NAS ... the problem is that I could not mount it on my Vu + uno4k.
It works well in my Gigablue that has an NSF image ......... but in Vu + I scan the network and the blackhole I see it in the network, but it does not open it ..

I tried with all the possible possibilities and there is no way apparently the blackhole has some protection or incompatibility in SMB.

Have try it with Open Black Hole?

Matrix10

Administrator
good morning

SMB and Cifs is not the same.

Try to mount Hdd from Box and use Cifs mount .
I can mount my network drive is not NAS but cifs mount working.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
It is curious that I also have a similar problem ...

The Zero 4K I have is OBH and SMB works perfectly. Already in Uno 4K SE in BH simply not. If you put Uno 4K SE in OBH, SMB will soon be working. But the same for Zero 4K, in BH SMB does not work.

Of course I go to Uno 4K SE via WinScp, ping ok ...

Matrix10

Administrator

The Zero 4K I have is OBH and SMB works perfectly. Already in Uno 4K SE in BH simply not. If you put Uno 4K SE in OBH, SMB will soon be working. But the same for Zero 4K, in BH SMB does not work.

SMB in BH and OBH is not the same,
so if you have problems try with CIFS

SMB and Cifs is not the same.

Try to mount Hdd from Box and use Cifs mount .
I can mount my network drive is not NAS but cifs mount working.

when you say mount HDD from Box ... is it mounted from the Vu+ menu? ... because that's what I did ... and I saw it HDD, but only the name ... when deploying down to see the files to be shared ... it is not deploying ... ... the other Box I have in home work ..but blackhole nothing ):

It is obviously something of the blackhole because in my other Box that I have with other images and it works

Matrix10

Administrator
I have no problem with mount cifs and WD MyBook Live.
I have make folders on HDD MyBook Live and share promissions on WD network HDD
i can share with my Sat box and Black Hole image.

You can also add share points manually in BH image.

Im on vacation, I can t gave you more datails.

I have no problem with mount cifs and WD MyBook Live.
I have make folders on HDD MyBook Live and share promissions on WD network HDD
i can share with my Sat box and Black Hole image.

You can also add share points manually in BH image.

Im on vacation, I can t gave you more datails.

I think that before installing it manually, you have to find why the BH image cannot display the disk ..... because the BH sees it, what happens is that it does not unfold it down.

if you explain to me later how to install it manually ... I will do

ok ... I will install today to see
later I will tell you jhehehheh

ok ... I will install today to see
later I will tell you jhehehheh
yes Working device see the HDD and it expands it down ..butttt ehehhe the imagen OBH when I want see the video I have been rec make ERROR or Green Screen that in case of this imagen es Black ... so I caomeback to BH and try to fix this in BD .. imagen OBH is not stable .. my question is why it doesn't work in BH? uffffff

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....

I noted that the windows ( IN NETWORK) did not recognize the characters after (_ - * ect ) by default my box has a name that cannot be changed .. AIRDISK_T2_02A5, when I did a search the windows did not find anything..... but , if I only looked for AIRDISK ... Windows found it AIRDISK , so I assumed that Linux is the same ... I found the rest by chance ... in one of the network parameters I found the name was in lowercase and uppercase ... and I began to try ...

or whether, AIRDISK_T2_02A5 is an alias for WIN & LINUX ..

In may case , the box was confused because inside my disk I had a folder with a name (Apartamento-2) that was enough for the line inside to fstab file ( //192.168.2.65/media /media/net/AIRDISK_T2_02A5 cifs username=AIRDISK_T2_02A5,password=..........,_netdev,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0 ) not work

So I renamed the disk Apartamento-2 by Apartamento2 , deleting characters and leaving only letters and number ...later I put this line in the fstab file ( //192.168.2.65/media /media/net/AIRDISK_T2_02A5 cifs username=AirDisk,password=..........,_netdev,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0 ) and finish ... working super ....

the question is ... Why do you have to put AIRDISK_T2_02A5 in ( media/net/AIRDISK_T2_02A5 ) inside fstab file and not media/net/AirDisk ?

I tried a lot until I found the solution ............

because Linux recognizes the HDD by alias (AIRDISK_T2_02A5) and not by its original name that is AirDisk .... then you have to put the network path in what LINUX sees, the alias (AIRDISK_T2_02A5) and the username and password in what is real (username = AirDisk, password = bla bla bla)

a911

The BH Lover
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....

I noted that the windows ( IN NETWORK) did not recognize the characters after (_ - * ect ) by default my box has a name that cannot be changed .. AIRDISK_T2_02A5, when I did a search the windows did not find anything..... but , if I only looked for AIRDISK ... Windows found it AIRDISK , so I assumed that Linux is the same ... I found the rest by chance ... in one of the network parameters I found the name was in lowercase and uppercase ... and I began to try ...

or whether, AIRDISK_T2_02A5 is an alias for WIN & LINUX ..

In may case , the box was confused because inside my disk I had a folder with a name (Apartamento-2) that was enough for the line inside to fstab file ( //192.168.2.65/media /media/net/AIRDISK_T2_02A5 cifs username=AIRDISK_T2_02A5,password=..........,_netdev,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0 ) not work

So I renamed the disk Apartamento-2 by Apartamento2 , deleting characters and leaving only letters and number ...later I put this line in the fstab file ( //192.168.2.65/media /media/net/AIRDISK_T2_02A5 cifs username=AirDisk,password=..........,_netdev,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0 ) and finish ... working super ....

the question is ... Why do you have to put AIRDISK_T2_02A5 in ( media/net/AIRDISK_T2_02A5 ) inside fstab file and not media/net/AirDisk ?

I tried a lot until I found the solution ............

because Linux recognizes the HDD by alias (AIRDISK_T2_02A5) and not by its original name that is AirDisk .... then you have to put the network path in what LINUX sees, the alias (AIRDISK_T2_02A5) and the username and password in what is real (username = AirDisk, password = bla bla bla)

Excellent,,,

AlexWilMac

@Hectror Luis Hernandez
Windows is a ridiculous OS and, by the way, how can you say OBH is not stable after trying it just a few hours? It's quite pretentious to judge an operative system (as an image is) if you haven't been using it for weeks, if not for months.
In my experience, OBH is tremendously easier at configuring and using NAS devices and it's also much more effective at browsing its folders.