Solo 2 stuck on "Starting..."

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, guys.

Tonight I have a problem with my receiver. It was working fine, even tonight, and I could watch any programs even via XXXXX. I wanted to transfer a recording to my laptop via VU control center but kept getting an access violation error message. I believe you get this error message when the IP is not correct so I went into the receiver net work setting via the remote and then got a green screen saying a fault had occurred. Sorry, I couldn't read the whole message as the writing was very small.
Anyway, I went and did a power on reset via the mains button but now the receiver just sits there displaying "Starting..." and the TV screen is blank.
Any ideas what to do?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

martinde4me

Vu+ Newbie
Have same problem her: VU+ solo2, starting engima2....but nothing happends anymore only 'starting engima 2'. Did a new flash-same problem...

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Ok I tried to re-flash. I turn the power on and the front display says "Update" and then it says press power. Before, or even after pressing power it just says "Starting" again and nothing happens Grrrrr

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
I think your right where :grin: All sorted now but it took some time trying to remember how the hell I configured everything. My brain doesn't work as good as it used too :wallbash:

While Im here. Does anybody know of any devices that will allow me to wirelessly send the picture from my box to a TV in another room like the SkyQ box. Currently using a video sender but its not that great

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I think your right where :grin: All sorted now but it took some time trying to remember how the hell I configured everything. My brain doesn't work as good as it used too :wallbash:

While Im here. Does anybody know of any devices that will allow me to wirelessly send the picture from my box to a TV in another room like the SkyQ box. Currently using a video sender but its not that great

The problem may be by using wireless and not owning the device you use to send the video signal.

Mick12334

Did you get to the set up menu, when installing the new image?
Have you checked that your VU+ is genuine, and not a clone?
If a new image installed then it shouldn't be stuck at the start up menu, you should have gotten to the set up menu, after the receiver finished flashing and restarted.
Have you removed all USB devices attached to your receiver?

Kimppa

Vu+ Newbie
I have used my Vu+ for 4-5 years perhaps and it´s genuine Vu+,and it did work flawless until dec-januari when this happened. And no USB attached,I get to set up,like all the starting options but the Black Hole startpage is always in the background,with "enigma2 starting" down at the bottom corner.
I also tried today to install a old image but the same thing happens,I can connect it to internet and things when the reciever starts up,but the "starting guide" don´t change.

Mick12334

Then your receiver is working fine, you just have to set up your tuners, and scan in the channels, or upload a channel list.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
This problem happened at Zero ....

Disconnect everything connected to Solo2 except for the HDMI cable (leave the power cable....). After the flash, when the reboot message is received in 10 seconds, turn off the box on the rear button, disconnect the pen and then turn the box back on.

At Zero it happened that, too, it had no effect ... performing the described procedures, making the flhash with the last factory image. It must start. Then replace the desired firmware. The USB pen is also important ... the smaller capacity the better. Of course, image for the model in question.

AlexWilMac

If you already run the setup wizard immediately after the first boot after the flashing, the screen you see might be normal because you have no channels and bouquets already configured.
If you was not proposed to perform the Setup Wizard (something you still haven't told us, although you were answered about) then you did not manage to flash. You users are kindly requested to answer other users questions, in order to give as many details as possible: we are not there with you.
But, if your box really did not performed the Setup Wizard, in this case you should have your previous channels and bouquets. What happens is you press the UP/DOWN key? Do you see any channels and bouquets?

Kimppa

Vu+ Newbie
I´m sorry for not to understand everything but I have tried to explain what I have done and what is my problem......My reciever has never stopped at this position before so I assumed the error still was present even after I installed new images,but I can install the image and try configure channels and so on...If it´s going to work after that.
The only thing I see is N/A in the channel list,but I have not made any search for channels because I thought the reciever was stuck in starting mode....

Mick12334

When you re-flash your receiver you have to set it up again, from scratch, including setting up your tuners, and scanning in channels, unless you upload a saved channel list.
If you haven't set up the tuners, and scanned in any channels, the receiver will stop at that screen, because it can't find any channel to tune into.
If the tuners are set up try going into the menu and either manually scanning in some channels, or doing a blind scan.