Solo Solo se v2 bricked/dead after failed update

swain1990

Vu+ Newbie
Hi please can somebody help me

I updated via on screen update and it got stuck on the back up screen, I did a reflash via usb and got everything working again and then the box died as I was watching tv, got an LG tv no signal message so restarted all was good for a couple hours then same again. Next day I came home to the tv being froze with no menus or anything working so I switch off and back on and as soon as the Linux logo appeared the LG no signal came back on. Did a bit of googling and then reflashed with the latest factory software followed by the latest vix software from openvix website. Same again blank screen straight after the Linux logo. I still have access via ftp just no screen.

Any ideas ?

Is there any way of doing a factory reset via ftp or deleting all files and starting from fresh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bogdanm

Facotry reset i think no help you.
I think first flash box by orginal image used usb.
Next if all is ok try used other image OBh/BH [ i think you doing good setup ] and look whot will be.

If you have acces to box by ftp looks like he working.
You no setup resolution who no suport your tv, copy files to image and memory is full, or you setup loging or setup download epg to big number provider ?

Mick12334

You might want to try removing the LNB cable, and anything else connected, except the HDMI cable.
If it then works normally, going through the menus, using Kodi, etc... then check to see if your LNB, or cable, are faulty.

AlexWilMac

I think it's a hardware failure because it works for a while but then gets freezed.
So, they might be damaged capacitors or whatever else: high temperature, tuner failure. Who knows. But it doesn't really seem a software problem. Anyway, as Mick said, try one of our images, even because we don't give support to other images.

it could also be full flash, background processes that do not find space, or a recording that filled it, or kodi that installed itself in flash ..
many open options

Flashing !

swain1990

Vu+ Newbie
it could also be full flash, background processes that do not find space, or a recording that filled it, or kodi that installed itself in flash ..
many open options

Flashing !

Is the any way of manually deleting the flash memory? Or delete all files and just start again?

Matrix10

Administrator
The flash memory is cleared if you install a new image.

Advice

install original VU + image and test the box to make sure it is not defective.

http://code.vuplus.com/index.html?action=image&image=30&model=vusolose

Do not put anything into the image.
does not fit/connect anything in/with the box
Just an antenna
Make a satellite scan and test FTA channel a few hours.
Leave the box up on the night.
It makes no sense to discuss this because you do not know where the problem is.