Solo2 original slow death...

moccolo

Vu+ Newbie
hello, i wanted to reuse my solo2 after more than a year that i didn't use it but after a flash my box just stopped at starting.... eventually after several on offs the screen takes avery time a longer period to show starting at all... now it dosnt even get there..
i checked all powerlines and everything seems ok, it's like the cpu dosnt enable the usb

All usb ports are dead... just blue light
Yes its original...

i tought its something with beeing off for more than a year so i changed every cap on the motherboard but still doesn't work.

i'm thinking that is a bad samsung flah chip or bad solder on cpu.

so i have 2 questions:

i ordered a new samsung chip for the flash. Will i be able to flash a new image just by soldering the chip or the chip needs to be pre-programmed?

Is there a way to see if cpu is dead? multimeter points?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190213_131540.jpg
    20190213_131540.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 23

AlexWilMac

Before doing all of this job, I'd like to know how many USB sticks you tried...
Because 95% of the times, the problem is in the USB drive and users must tried several of them.

moccolo

Vu+ Newbie
hello and thanks for your reply.

yes i tried several usb Drives. And i have a bulletproof USB kingstone travelstar 2gb that never failed on any sat recivers. i have multiple vu+ and it works... it worked as i wrote even on that...

moccolo

Vu+ Newbie
hello and thanks for your reply.

yes i tried several usb Drives. And i have a bulletproof USB kingstone travelstar 2gb that never failed on any sat recivers. i have multiple vu+ and it works... it worked as i wrote even on that...
yeah i think so too.

any tech expert who could tell me if i change the flash chip, do i need pre programming or just flashing... there isn't much info for that just some videos and all for clones

sugar

Vu+ Newbie
the problem with the flash also I have.
I have a new chip but I do not open it. She wants to be written by the mother company. Once I have done my own and playing with the player 2.01.08 but at least playing.