Solo2 Transcoding still poor quality

caccam

Vu+ Newbie
So, is it possible like with the duo2 to trascode up to 5mbits with the solo2? i have a vdsl line with 5 mbits upload.

Thanks

caccam

Vu+ Newbie
Is it normal that when trascoding the same channel that i watch in tv the screen in some channels go black and in other the image on tv freezes or glitches? (vusolo2)

denon54

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to you all,

Since a couple of week now that i made a lot of testingwith my Duo2 , i have to admit that transcding works good, and saw many improvements since latest BH 2.0.7.3.
But also a lot of work that still hasto be done around that transcoding features.

1* BH and vu+ Should improve the quality , forthe moment limited to 1000000 bitrate and fraerate 60000, i think we could do alot better with such a CPU.
2* Whe youre outside of your LAN and you acess your vu+ to Stream a channel through transcoding , the person in your LAN in front of tv see a little freeze when the other person
outside the LAN is zapping on channel on the second tuner, notnormal according to me.

3* If you intend to use transcoding features you of course have to open pot 8002 in your router but also port for your openwebif interface, do not try to open another port
but port 80 otherwise it will not work , even if you do a port forwarding!! this is a bug according to me.

4* Now another faulty thing , when you are transcoding a channel on port 8002 with VLC , if you go to vlc media/open a Stream and there if you copy paste the ful url from where you are streaming
and that you paste exactly the same url on another VU+duo2/solo DNS you will see that it doesn't ask for password !! I made the test with someother friends that also have duo2 andit works , so this mean
you take your own url channel you paste then on another lan where there is a v+duo or solo and you have access to these channel, amazing but not normal, hope it will be solved in ext Firmware.

OpenM1nd

Vu+ Newbie
I just bought a solo2 yesterday and spent many hours with it.
very nice device. immediatly installed black hole. decent work!

Transcoding tho doesnt make me happy. lack of settings.
i googled and found that vu included resolution changing and advanced settings?

http: / / code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_dvbapp;a=commit;h=e9291026aa012236567bc52efbda9884f8efdbf2
(Transcoding : support resolution setting , and advanced setup)

I lack knowledge, cant really say what it means or when this will be available.
Any info on this is appreciated!

Cheers fellas

denon54

Vu+ Newbie
I tried to help some friends of mine that bought a solo2, and i have to say that they are all (friends) very very disapointed about
trnascoding quality of that receiver, and when above all i recommend it to them !!
I personnaly have a duo2, and this receiver has nothing to do in term of quality transcoding compare to solo2, with mine i have a proper
quality over the net when transcoding, with that solo2 it's a shame.

I really hopre that vu+ will do something for all those people that bought that box because they are going to the wall with it if they don't
find a solution.

Ok that the duo2 is more expensive, but at the same time when we look at the spec they have the same cpu, it is not only the 1gb difference about
the ram that makes the difference according to me when transcoding.

Well i am disapointed about that honnestly, how come vu+ didn't pay attention to that before spreading it on the market.

Really hope that it will change with future update from them.

I wish you all a very happy new year

denon54

daviddrf

Vu+ Newbie
I tried to help some friends of mine that bought a solo2, and i have to say that they are all (friends) very very disapointed about
trnascoding quality of that receiver, and when above all i recommend it to them !!
I personnaly have a duo2, and this receiver has nothing to do in term of quality transcoding compare to solo2, with mine i have a proper
quality over the net when transcoding, with that solo2 it's a shame.

I really hopre that vu+ will do something for all those people that bought that box because they are going to the wall with it if they don't
find a solution.

Ok that the duo2 is more expensive, but at the same time when we look at the spec they have the same cpu, it is not only the 1gb difference about
the ram that makes the difference according to me when transcoding.

Well i am disapointed about that honnestly, how come vu+ didn't pay attention to that before spreading it on the market.

Really hope that it will change with future update from them.

I wish you all a very happy new year

denon54
Thank you for the information. I hope it too because I'm a Solo2 owner. Happy new year ;)