Solo2 Transcoding still poor quality

farhan ali

Vu+ Newbie
hello friends iam new here in forum i want to purchase solo2 or duo2 ...i want to use transcoding option on tablet pc with good channel result so plz suggest me which box is best??? i want to buy solo2 becuase its cheap if we compare duo2 but solo2 did not perform this function well then i go for duo2 so plz reply quick

paolino

Vu+ User+++
hello friends iam new here in forum i want to purchase solo2 or duo2 ...i want to use transcoding option on tablet pc with good channel result so plz suggest me which box is best??? i want to buy solo2 becuase its cheap if we compare duo2 but solo2 did not perform this function well then i go for duo2 so plz reply quick

It depends, what do you want to transcode, how high is your output bandwidth.
Solo2 transcoding is HW limited, Duo2 HW is better.

VANT

Vu+ User
both use HW transcoding. If You dont belive me, watch cpu usage when transcoding working.
All key features like pip, multiple streaming, transcoding etc. is hw.

Max

BH Lover
both use HW transcoding. If You dont belive me, watch cpu usage when transcoding working.
All key features like pip, multiple streaming, transcoding etc. is hw.

Exactly, it's just (maybe) a code limitation in Solo2, cause both use hw.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Thanks guys for updating my knowleges. I'm going to open Solo2 right now to check the version of chip ;).

orangeolaf

Vu+ Newbie
If you had install the modules from the link that you liked (thanks btw!) before the plugin update, you had that setting. After the update, MY SOLO2 transcode bitrate has also limited at 1Mbps...

look at post #100. from the first i notice the issue with the framerate at the new drivers on Solo2 and i inform for that..:cool:

Hi Petran,

tried to make my solo2 transcoding with 5mps too - changed modules and plugin.py - did i missunderstud something?
(reading in english more than an hour makes my brain smoking ;) )

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
there has been several driver and image updates since the post you are quoting, perhaps upgrade to latest image and that feature is by design in image asis.

orangeolaf

Vu+ Newbie
there has been several driver and image updates since the post you are quoting, perhaps upgrade to latest image and that feature is by design in image asis.

hi,

i am using newest bh but always limited to 1mps on my solo2!

somebody using successfully 5mps transcoding on solo2?

orangeolaf

Vu+ Newbie
i`ve tried out the procedure with bh 2.05 and the attached modules - came to the point 5mps selectable but error when did - then after change plugin.py this option disappeared in menu!

after the experiment i went back to my regular bh 2.071 image backup (you see no question of luck - but thx) where everything works fine within these limits but there is no better bitrate feature!

kukusha

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to everyone, I post this question in also in this thread, because is related on transoding ( also posted in another generic thread bit I got no answers...)

I try to configure transcoding to stream on my mobile phone but not much success. I have enabled it on port 8002, I forward both 8001 and 8002 (and also 8081 for my webinf of course), and I have my dyndns. When I am in my local network it works well, when I am not in my private network it doesnt work, it shows a frame every 10 sec and then it crashes. It is not a problem of configuration of port/network becaue I see some frames. it is just aproblem of streaming over the internet. Even if I connect my mobile to wifi (so big bandwidth) but not in my private network, it is so slow that finally crashes....

any idea?

denon54

Vu+ Newbie
Hello my friend,

i encountered the same problem at first setting up mu duo2 , but now i can assure that latest BH is very stable 2.0.7.3, i am pretty sure that there might still be a problem with
the setup of your transcoding setup, i put Bitrate 1000000 and framerate 60000 and eveything is workin' fine , i have to say that my isp bandwith at home where is my vu+duo2
is 0,200 kbps upload and 2mbps download and never seen so stable, one only thing that is missing according to me is that when you are inside webif interface you still can't see
on the channelist wich are the channel available to zap on, the way if you were in front of your receiver where you can see channel available in White color and the non available
greyed, but for the rest i am very satisfied . do not forget to restart your receiver when changing your transcoding setup.

Petran

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Petran,

tried to make my solo2 transcoding with 5mps too - changed modules and plugin.py - did i missunderstud something?
(reading in english more than an hour makes my brain smoking ;) )

Hello my friend,
sorry that didn't already answer you but i had a lot of work and not such a little time for the forum. Don't use anymore the link, it's useless to try install old modules on a new image. The link it was for these days and i never had the opportunity to try it, for example the 5mbps setting, cause my line have 1mps upload. The Transcoding is a big issue since i bought Solo2...

orangeolaf

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Petran,

i solved the problem on its root and bought a duo2 (solo2 back to amazon)! I could cry rivers about the money (499€):shout: but i am pretty happy with transcoding quality - i have to spend a couple of days in a hospital after xmas so i wiil be happy wiith my tab 10.1 instead of 1 55cm CRTscreen in the corner of the (2bed)room (its the 4th time for me in this hospital - repair my right hand after bike crash)

kukusha

Vu+ Newbie
Hello my friend,

i encountered the same problem at first setting up mu duo2 , but now i can assure that latest BH is very stable 2.0.7.3, i am pretty sure that there might still be a problem with
the setup of your transcoding setup, i put Bitrate 1000000 and framerate 60000 and eveything is workin' fine , i have to say that my isp bandwith at home where is my vu+duo2
is 0,200 kbps upload and 2mbps download and never seen so stable, one only thing that is missing according to me is that when you are inside webif interface you still can't see
on the channelist wich are the channel available to zap on, the way if you were in front of your receiver where you can see channel available in White color and the non available
greyed, but for the rest i am very satisfied . do not forget to restart your receiver when changing your transcoding setup.
I have 2.0.7.3 bitrate 400000 framerate 30000 and upload band 1 MB. As I said, when I am in my private network it works, when I am over the internet I see a frame every 10 seconds.... I have vu+solo2
:(