Solo2 with SG2100A Motor - Dish Not Moving

dannyllama

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone

I am running BH 2.1.5 on a Solo2. Tuner-A is configured as a single satellite (Thor 0.8W). Tuner-B is connected to a Motek SG2100A Diseqc motor. No matter what commands I send to the Motek, it doesn't move. I have reset the motor according to the manual, but no joy. Even trying to manually move the motor via the Positioner menu gives no movement. I am not concerned about the signal, only to get the damn motor moving correctly! I am able to move the motor using the buttons underneath.

Here is the set up:

screenshot.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

Can anyone please advise me on this. It is driving me crazy !!!

el bandido

Vu+ User
The Diseqc 1.2 positions are stored in the motor and not in the receiver. All the receiver does is tell the motor which Diseqc 1.2 position to go to. So now your motor is being told to go to Diseqc 1.2 position number 7, and since the motor does not have any information stored for position 7, it does nothing.

You have verified that the motor is connected to the receiver because you can move the motor manually, so we know the motor works. I suggest switching to USALS to get the motor to move close to where it should be. Then use the motor control menu that is available in the BlackHole Image to fine tune the signal, then store the position in number 7 or whatever number between 1 and 99 that you wish to use.

dannyllama

Vu+ Newbie
El Bandido - Thanks for the reply. I have tried to switch to USALS, but it still gives the same result - no movement when controlled from the receiver. Additionally trying to move using the Positioner menu within BH gives no result. I have also hard reset the SG2100A motor.

Any other ideas?

levi

maybe you have set east & west limit by accidently and also make sure you have connected correct place cable from lnb to motor and motor to vu+

dannyllama

Vu+ Newbie
Levi - At the risk of asking a stupid question, how is it possible to set limits? I haven't set them on the motor (hardware). Cables are in the correct place.

nunigaia

Levi - At the risk of asking a stupid question, how is it possible to set limits? I haven't set them on the motor (hardware). Cables are in the correct place.

You must set the mechanical limits of actuator !

See this posts for a VBOX II installation, this is similar to MOTECK.

How many lines you have to the actuator --> you must have 4 lines --> 2 lines for POWERING DC to the actuator ( +-36 V ) --> Motor 1 and Motor 2 ( M1 or M2 ), and another 2, for sense and pulse.

If the sense and pulse are inverted ... the actuator don´t moves at all.

In any case see this link ---> will help you to fix your installation!

link: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vbox-ii-problem-any-solution.21802/

If the problem don´t fix ... you could have a reed problem, you don´t need to buy a new actuator ... just the reed ( +/- 5 euros ).

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Read the first post. He has a Diseqc motor which is not an actuator.

Sorry don´t look to the reference, cause i think it´s a positoner on with a separate actuator. In any case here is the manual for help installation.

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• Moteck sg2100a.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

el bandido

Vu+ User
Go Here: Menu--->Setup--->Service Searching--->Positioner Setup

Then scroll down and highlight "Set limits". Then press the red remote button to turn limits Off. The motor should move using the receiver after you do this.

Positioner Setup.jpg

dannyllama

Vu+ Newbie
Go Here: Menu--->Setup--->Service Searching--->Positioner Setup

Then scroll down and highlight "Set limits". Then press the red remote button to turn limits Off. The motor should move using the receiver after you do this.

View attachment 18995

I pressed Red to remove the limts, but it's still not moving at all from the STB. Manual movement with the buttons is fine

el bandido

Vu+ User
The motor will not move using Diseqc 1.2 positions until you move the motor to the correct location and then store or save them in the receiver. Saving the correct Diseqc 1.2 positions in the receiver writes the location in the motor. You may use the manual buttons on the motor to move the dish to where it needs to be, then save the position in the receiver, or use USALS.

To use USALS, you need to enter the correct latitude and longitude for your area. In post number 1, the longitude and latitude have the image default positions, and it is doubtful that those numbers are correct for your location. The motor will not move using USALS unless the correct latitude and longitude is entered for your area.

dannyllama

Vu+ Newbie
So I have an update. I took the motor off the mount and connected it to the STB. When only the motor was connected without LNB, it was moving correctly. Connecting the LNB stopped the motor from moving, although I could see the DISEQC commands being received by the motor. I had an old .7dB LNB laying around so have fitted this. Still no signal, but at least the dish is moving around! Will get a 0.1dB LNB tomorrow and fit it. BTW I am not using USALS as I don't believe that the motor handles it.