Solved: watch one channel while listening to the audio from another channel

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Hi guys, I've found on Internet and tested on my Duo2 with BH 2.0.7.3 a plugin which allows you to watch a channel while listening to the audio from another channel.

This plugin is poorly documented (mainly in German on web site "i-have-a-dreambox"), so I'll try to briefly explain how to use it.

Technically speaking, of course it works with the support of the PIP function, and practically it expands the small PIP window to full screen, leaving the main channel (the one with the audio to listen to) in the background.

When activated you can change the main channel by means of the remote control even if that main channel is completely "covered" by the enlarged PIP window.
In this way you can select the channel with the desired audio while watching the full screen PIP channel.

How to make it works (after the plugin installation):

- select the channel you want to watch the video
- start PIP: you will see the same channel in both windows
- change the channel in main window to the one you want to listen to the audio
- long push blue button to open the menu
- select "Audio PIP enable"
- the PIP window expand to full screen, but the audio remains the one of the main channel
- that's all, enjoy!

To terminate, activate again the blue button menu and select "Audio PIP enable" once again.

How to install the plugin:
download the attached ipk file, copy it to /tmp folder, then go to Menu->Addons->Manual installation ipk

I've tested this plugin only for a short time, but it's not dangerous...;)
I hope it will work enough well for all the people that have requested a way to get this functionality.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-audiopip_0.3_all.ipk
    2.2 KB · Views: 388

lenovo

Vu+ User
It´s a good idea and approve it. Is it possible to use it on Vu+Uno?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
can we watch many canals on one or not
At the same time you can watch channel X and listen to channel Y.
Channel X and channel Y can be freely selected as you like, but one for video and one for audio, no more than these 2 at the same time.

However, the main channel (the channel that provides the audio) can be changed whenever you want simply using the remote control, while the video channel (the PIP window enlarged at full screen) can be changed only restarting the procedure from the beginning, or using other plugins that allow to change the channel within the PIP window itself (PIP zap).

aass5591

Vu+ Newbie
thank you very much eragon but iinstall this puling by ddc and didn't apper on puling ingma so hoe can I install it

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
This plugin doesn't appear in the usual BH plugin screen.
After installation you'll only find a new item in the blue extension menu (blue button long push) which is named "Audio Pip enable".

aass5591

Vu+ Newbie
yes you are great and I hope to you work at watch many canals like sex on same time and thankssssssssssssssssss

Fabruz

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Eragon, I tried to do as you said, but when I selected Audio PIP enable, PIP turn off
Are there any settings that is necessary to set?
Thanks

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
PIP turn off
Of course PIP apparently disappears just because the PIP window has been enlarged and now covers the full screen!
Try to change channel using the remote and see that now the displayed image still remains the same but the audio changes as you zap the channels.

Fabruz

Vu+ Newbie
Indeed, start activating "standard" pip is not strictly necessary
Just activate audio pip enable and then change the channel normally, and will only change the audio
(I hope my English is correct and clear)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Testing doesn't hurt!:)
But it works only if your box has PIP, and Uno has only limited PIP...:(

Last edited:

komar2013

Vu+ Newbie
Hi!
Plugin works fine on vu solo 4k, but still problem is with delayed audio.. has anyone solved that? Oviously signal from sattelite is not at the same time at all places, so it's delayed and then you have the picture following the audio... which is not so watchable..

VU PLUS Solo2

Vu+ Newbie
This is what I was looking for it! I want it exactly for watch sport HD channels but listen to local commentaries in a SD channel.
But there is a problem! our local channel has a few sec delay and I can't use timeshift for front picture (HD channel). when I use timeshift, the backdoor channel (SD channel for sound) start timeshift so sound delay will increase. Is there anyway to use timeshift for front picture?