Solved: watch one channel while listening to the audio from another channel

midozalouk

Vu+ Newbie
Have you
This is what I was looking for it! I want it exactly for watch sport HD channels but listen to local commentaries in a SD channel.
But there is a problem! our local channel has a few sec delay and I can't use timeshift for front picture (HD channel). when I use timeshift, the backdoor channel (SD channel for sound) start timeshift so sound delay will increase. Is there anyway to use timeshift for front picture?

Have you found a solution for this problem?

AlexWilMac

In the past there was an unofficial plugin called Audiopip that has not been updated anylonger. I don't know if it's still works in BH, but it's worth a try.

Attachments

• audiopip_0.3_all.ipk.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 4

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I have this in latest blackhole on Ultimo 4k. This plugin is a great idea. I use it for watching live football. It works as it should but there will always be the audio delay problem as it uses the audio from a channel that is transmitted with a delay from the original live channel. It`s a great plugin and would be superb if the delay could be fixed.

bo.

AlexWilMac

The problem is not the plugin: you notice it because it produces the audio for a live event. The truth is that also the normal (video) PiP can't show two channels synchronized.
Actually, nobody can assure you that the same event is broadcast by different channels exactly at the same time: there is always a little difference among them, sometimes not so little, even! Try it.
Anyway, my solution (although might produce side effects) was to briefly press the pause key in the channel used for video, so the channel used for audio could be in sync or the opposite if the audio was anticipated.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah, I always have a go at syncing. Now and again I get a decent playback. Like you say, most of the live events play at different times to each channel.

midozalouk

Vu+ Newbie
The problem is not the plugin: you notice it because it produces the audio for a live event. The truth is that also the normal (video) PiP can't show two channels synchronized.
Actually, nobody can assure you that the same event is broadcast by different channels exactly at the same time: there is always a little difference among them, sometimes not so little, even! Try it.
Anyway, my solution (although might produce side effects) was to briefly press the pause key in the channel used for video, so the channel used for audio could be in sync or the opposite if the audio was anticipated.
How you pause the video channel
As the video channel is the front end
I can only pause the audio unfortunately

AlexWilMac

Yes, you are right!
I forgot that because I now use only OBH and there I can't use neither the built-in OBH equivalent feature (called BIG PiP, which does exactly what Audiopip does) nor Audiopip itself: unfortunately, there is a driver bug only for Solo4K that makes impossible to have both of them.
So, I now only occasionally used the BIG PiP by a Duo2 at my parents, where the bug does not occur ;) And I totally forgot this detail.

Accully i hade a look at the code for PIP and the Big PIP is coded for external PIP. What does this translate to, In the back of those Vu+ there is a HDMI in port that let you have a second Unit connected and through the Vu+ you can
then switch between the Local screen or with BIG PIP you can watch the other unit in full screen with audio or acculy like a regular PIP, SidebySide PIP or even in the MiniTV so therfore this overlay PIP is dedicted to this function.

I would not call it a bug but yes there should be a choice setting where i chose if i want to use it as big Local PIP or Extrenal PIP

AlexWilMac