Some issues in OBH 4.3.037

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
When the UI is switched to another language than English (in my case German), the Setup in OBH 4.3.037 on VU+ Solo2 does not save some settings. Saving works properly when the UI is switched to English. I've found this issue on the following Settings (maybe there are more but I've not changed this items):

• Setup > Recording, Playback, Timeshift > Recording & Playback:
    • Margin after recording (shows "0" but uses 5 minutes)
    • Margin before recording (shows "0" but uses 5 minutes)
    • Behavior when a movie reaches the end (uses always "Return to movie list")
In Timers > PowerTimers:
  • When the Timer type is "auto standby", it does only work when a live TV service is choosen, not in a Playback and not when a movie list is shown (see above "Behavior when a movie reaches the end" = "Return to movie list") - All other PowerTimer types works in Playback; this is inconsistent
I've tried to install the plugin "Extension/PluginsPanel" but since then a message "Some plugins are not available: Extensions/PluginsPanel (cannot import name eTPM)" is shown when I try to open the Plugins settings. I can't uninstall PluginsPanel Externsion because its not shown in the plugins list.

Setup > Audio&Video:
  • When I switch the UI language from English to German and back to English again, the item "Einstellungen" stays in German (means "Settings" I think) and the settings list inside stays in German (only the left side of the settings list, the right side is in English)
Setup > Audio&Video > Automatic language:
  • When I switch the UI language from English to German and back to English again, the settings list inside stays in German (only the left side of the settings list, the right side is in English)
Setup > Audio&Video > Video enhancement:
  • When I switch the UI language from English to German and back to English again, the settings list inside stays in German (only the left side of the settings list, the right side is in English)
Setup > Tuners & Scanning:
  • When I switch the UI language from English to German and back to English again, some items stays in German ("Automatische Suche", "Manuelle Suche", "Signal-Sucher", "Rotor Einstellungen")

Setup > HDMI CEC section:
  • When I switch the UI language from English to German and back to English again, this Setup section stays in German (only the left side of the settings list, the right side is in English)
  • The items "Fernseher in Bereitschaft versetzen" and "Fernseher aus Bereitschaft einschalten" is shown two times (Translation issue? I can't say because issue above)
  • The item "Send 'sourceactive' before zap timers" are not translated to German
The issue that the UI language is not fully switched back from German to English repeats on many other UI parts.

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Addition: The described issue [Behavior when a movie reaches the end (uses always "Return to movie list")] is very important to me. In conjunction with the described PowerTimer issue this sabotages any PowerTimer working when the STB is in the movie list. Maybe there is a solution to give the PowerTimers a higher (highest?) priority above GUI.

AlexWilMac

All what you wrote depends on the OpenViX code whom OBH is based on: so, you need to make your complaints to their codex in their forum.

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Ah. And in the case that they will fix it, will it be backported to OBH or is it a independent fork?

AlexWilMac

Many features are based on the same code and so, yes, the fix will be ported automatically in OBH, too. Others are OBH improvements. But the ones you reported are in common to the mum... ;)

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
Oh man... This is one of the most frustrating forums I know. For registration, I've played 20 minutes of Ping-Pong between Google Captcha timeout and Register Button timeout. After then I'm registered but not allowed to post anything (in contrast to the FAQ)

Please confirm that https://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?298-ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion is the right forum and board for this.

Unlike as described in https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section! no one of the links leads to the bug report page but ends on the general discussion board on which I've no permission to post.

:-(

If you are member of this board, please feel free to copy my bug report or link to this page here. Many thanks!

AlexWilMac

Oh, really? So, you found out that ViX forum is a mess and almost desert? You are welcome to the club of not-liking ViX ;)
I can't confirm anything abot their forum, whom I hardly know. What is sure is that is a real mess to have a proper thread.

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
I can't say more about ViX because I've never used it. But now I've seen why my account wasn't allowed to create posts. I had not accepted their rules page. Why? The page was not shown until the registration process. Some hours and a outdated cookie later, the page was displayed after my next login. Little bit confusing :)

Why we should not fix such issues in OBH ourselves? So we could make OBH better than ViX ^^

(And if you ask yourself why I'm back from VTI: This image has a better UI and less usability issues but was very unstable on my Solo2. It crashes every 2 days)

CodyX

Vu+ Newbie
In the meantime I have new insights about the
Setup > Recording, Playback, Timeshift > Recording & Playback issue:
  • Behavior when a movie reaches the end (uses always "Return to movie list")
The setting "Back to last channel" is stored and used correctly only once. When a movie reaches the end, the STB is returning to the last TV channel. When I look into the config, the setting "Return to last channel" is still there. Now, when I go to the movie list again and start another playback, the setting is resetted to "Return to movie list".

This issue is only related to "Behavior when a movie reaches the end" and NOT to "Behavior when a movie stops".