Sound issue IPTV solo 2

rob77

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys

I have some iptv channels on my solo 2 running openbh and a few have issues with the audio. The best way I can describe it is jumpy/distorted. They don't go out of sync just sound terrible.

I have tried the same channels through android and there is no problem. I'm guessing it is some kind of audio codec issue. The streams are set as dvb type 1, I haven't tried using serviceapp yet. I did try setting the streams as 4097 but had weird issues with the picture and sound jumping.

I just wondered if anyone else has seen similar problems?

Cheers

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
If you already have serviceapp installed try toggling 'LPCM injection' to false if it is already on.
I had similar problems and had to disable this parameter.

rob77

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys

I'll try this tonight.

Did you have to set serviceapp to use exteplayer3 to toggle this setting Azam?

rob77

Vu+ Newbie
Cheers

I've set to exteplayer3, put the streams to 4097 but the sound was still jittery. I tried the option LPCM injection but it made no difference.

I've now set aac software decoding to true in serviceapp and the sound is working normal now.

So it's a problem aac decoding?

rob77

Vu+ Newbie
I have a different problem now. When I turn on aac software decoding the sound goes out of sync after a while. Changing the channel and then back again fixes this. So I have turned off software decoding for good and will just work around the jittery sound issue I have.

How are you adding the IPTV channels are you playing from a m3u file or are you creating a bouqet with some plugin.? DVB1 is almost allways the best choice for IPTV. Almost allways when trouble with audio its at the provider end. OBH Is by far the best image with compatible for all common use codec. There is a good lightway plugin called JediMakerExtream for creating bouquets try that and chose DVB1 for live channels. Another good thing for chosing DVB1 is that epg is easy to setup

rob77

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Thomas67

I'm using suls plugin (e2m3u2bouquet) to create bouquets and have them set as dvb1. Most of the channels play fine it is just a few with audio issues. What I have done as a work around is to set all channels to dvb1 and the ones with issues as 4097. This solves the sound issue. I've created my own custom bouquets and saved the channels in there.

Cheers