Spinner very often on view

slowpasseur

Vu+ Newbie
On my Duo2 I'm having very often the spinner on view. Of course when on view every commands are frozen. The watching (FTA & recordings only) is not affected but it's very annoying indeed. The image is at the latest standard and no frill (no addons or plugins). I've tried something like switching off webif and all the automatic updates I've found navigating the menu's and even switching off the Internet connection. Sometimes it looks like the spinner behaviour is improving but not a lot and not lasting. Do someone's know why the STB is so actively working and what's looking for?

AlexWilMac

A million dollar question: it could be whatever. Check the memory status, for instance. Another possibility is the device used for timeshift, if it's too low. Do you use any USB flash drive connected to the box? And if so, are they directly connected or do you use a USB hub? These hubs are not multipliers of USB ports, they are divisors, indeed.
Disconnect everything from USB port; disable the timeshift. These are only two suggestions among the dozens possible.

slowpasseur

Vu+ Newbie
A million dollar question: it could be whatever. Check the memory status, for instance. Another possibility is the device used for timeshift, if it's too low. Do you use any USB flash drive connected to the box? And if so, are they directly connected or do you use a USB hub? These hubs are not multipliers of USB ports, they are divisors, indeed.
Disconnect everything from USB port; disable the timeshift. These are only two suggestions among the dozens possible.
Many thanks for your advice. I've checked the memories status and I have plenty of free space available. The only USB pen drive connected is a three partionned 30 GB Kingston Data Traveller mounted as /media/usb (freshly formatted). There is also an internal 2TB ATA Toshiba DT01ACA2 that I use for backups and recordings, never used time shift. It goes standby after 5 minutes. Best regards.