Strange problem in channel search

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
I have a strange problem in channel search.
When I search (automatic or manual) for channels, the frequency of some channels interferes with other channels. For example, the frequency of BBC channel changes and is similar to the ZDF channel. This causes the channel to lack sound and image. I factory reset the receiver and install the new images (on flash and usb device) and search again, but the problem did not resolve. Sorry, my English is not good.
Thanks.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
It's either lnb defect, or a conflict of frequencies that can be experienced in some receivers.
Try to replace the lnb (if possible) and see if gets back to normal.
Otherwise you'll have to use pre-compiled settings (I suggest Vhannibal settings) and never do manual scans anymore on that satellite.
I had a similar problem with two conflicting frequencies on 16E, it was impossible to have both groups watchable after manual scans, so I'm using Vhannibal setting ever since and avoid manual or automatic scans for 16E.

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
It's either lnb defect, or a conflict of frequencies that can be experienced in some receivers.
Try to replace the lnb (if possible) and see if gets back to normal.
Otherwise you'll have to use pre-compiled settings (I suggest Vhannibal settings) and never do manual scans anymore on that satellite.
I had a similar problem with two conflicting frequencies on 16E, it was impossible to have both groups watchable after manual scans, so I'm using Vhannibal setting ever since and avoid manual or automatic scans for 16E.

Thank you for the answer.
I encountered this problem about three months ago, but this quarter I did not change anything! Now I have four LNBs with different brands in four directions, but unfortunately I have a problem with all of them!

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
I think the receiver has a software problem. Is there a way to completely flash or update the receiver? For example, by computer.

AlexWilMac

Obviously you can reflash the box. Follow the guides in the specific section of this forum, where everything is explained. And... no, not by a computer: a linux-based receiver like this is simply flashable by a USB stick.

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
Obviously you can reflash the box. Follow the guides in the specific section of this forum, where everything is explained. And... no, not by a computer: a linux-based receiver like this is simply flashable by a USB stick.

Thank you for the answer.
I factory reset the receiver and install the new images (on flash and usb device) and search again, but the problem did not resolve.

AlexWilMac

By factory reset you mean the bult-in function? I've never used it so I can't know what is the result: what image do you have NOW installed? The VU+ original? Blackhole? And what version, exactly?
Go to the specific menu for your image and report here.
Anyway, I'd recommend you not the standard Vuplus image but our BH (BlackHole) or OBH (Open BlackHole). Both of them are published here in this forum because this is their official forum.

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
By factory reset you mean the bult-in function? I've never used it so I can't know what is the result: what image do you have NOW installed? The VU+ original? Blackhole? And what version, exactly?
Go to the specific menu for your image and report here.
Anyway, I'd recommend you not the standard Vuplus image but our BH (BlackHole) or OBH (Open BlackHole). Both of them are published here in this forum because this is their official forum.

VU+ UNO (not 4K model) - Black Hole 3.0.5 J (Open BlackHole tested but same problem)

AlexWilMac

So, if both images have the same problem, it must be an hardware problem. And it might be your VU+ or something in your satellite system equipment (LNB, Diseqc switches, and so on). To isolate the problem you'd need a different decoder to test with the same system.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
To isolate the problem you'd need a different decoder to test with the same system.
I had a similar conflict of frequencies two years ago in my Solo 4K.
I was quite surprised to see same problem happening in a DM920 as well, that I had borrowed from a friend this winter.
It was probably being caused by lnbs of 13-16-19 being too close to each other in my tiny T55 dish.

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
I had a similar conflict of frequencies two years ago in my Solo 4K.
I was quite surprised to see same problem happening in a DM920 as well, that I had borrowed from a friend this winter.
It was probably being caused by lnbs of 13-16-19 being too close to each other in my tiny T55 dish.

I did not have this problem. When I encountered it, I did not change anything. I think the problem with the software is, and the BH team must have an idea to solve the problem. Sorry, my English is not good.

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
And a question about channel transfer from a healthy receiver.
How do I transfer all channels list and bouquets list to my receiver by filezilla software?
Which file is related to the all channels list and which is related to the bouquets list?

Mick12334

Use dreamboxedit:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/dreamboxedit.18975/page-2

Download dreamboxedit, set up a new folder, on your PC desktop, and call it settings, default location, and name.
Next start up dreamboxedit, go to Tools, and Options.
Enter your receivers IP Address, the one that you have the working channels/bouquets, on, and test the IP Connection.
If working click save, then go to File and Fast FTP download, then save the file.
You can now transfer this to any Enigma 2 receiver.
Go back into Tools, Options and enter your other receivers IP Address, go to File and click FTP.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
How do I transfer all channels list and bouquets list to my receiver by filezilla software?
You need to do that with Dreamboxedit or a similar settings editor.
Just transfer the channels from healthy receiver to PC first, and then upload them to your receiver and restart.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
I did not have this problem. When I encountered it, I did not change anything.
Then the only suspect is your diseqc switch I guess, since it's a very low probability that all your four lnbs would go broken at the same time. :)
They can go mad sometimes with a few drops of rain - I had encountered this problem once, with a 8/1 diseqc of very well known brand.
It could also be useful to check the cable to the receiver.

AlexWilMac

No, Amir, I'm quite sure, 99%, it's NOT the software, because BH and OBH, despite their names and their coders (probably) are two completely different images based on two different projects. Anyway, if you want to check this theory, there's plenty of other images to try: openatv, vti and so on.

amir3681

Vu+ Newbie
Then the only suspect is your diseqc switch I guess, since it's a very low probability that all your four lnbs would go broken at the same time. :)
They can go mad sometimes with a few drops of rain - I had encountered this problem once, with a 8/1 diseqc of very well known brand.
It could also be useful to check the cable to the receiver.

No, Amir, I'm quite sure, 99%, it's NOT the software, because BH and OBH, despite their names and their coders (probably) are two completely different images based on two different projects. Anyway, if you want to check this theory, there's plenty of other images to try: openatv, vti and so on.

My LNB and diseqc switch are in a safe place (far from rain) and I've also tested both. Yesterday, I installed the Satdreamgr image. Everything was OK, but not on the BH and OBH images!!!

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Yesterday, I installed the Satdreamgr image. Everything was OK, but not on the BH and OBH images!!!
That's strange, because many more users should have been complaining about the same issue if such a bug existed. I wish you could try and report with pre-compiled settings before moving to another image. Anyway, it's good to hear that the problem is solved now. :)