Strange problem RC Vu+duo2

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
I have suddenly strange problem remote control vu+duo2. Regardless which button i press nothing happen , only the button ( TV) , which is located in upper right side of the RC.

Mick12334

At least you know that the remote control is working, as the TV button flashes, so the problem might be your receiver, check that the sensor, on your receiver, isn't blocked, and try cleaning it.
Also you could try turning off your receiver, at the rear, for a few minutes, and then see if it works.
Have you changed any settings, on the remote, or your receiver, or recently changed your image?

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
At least you know that the remote control is working, as the TV button flashes, so the problem might be your receiver, check that the sensor, on your receiver, isn't blocked, and try cleaning it.
Also you could try turning off your receiver, at the rear, for a few minutes, and then see if it works.
Have you changed any settings, on the remote, or your receiver, or recently changed your image?
I have now checked the sensor and Clean it , but no luck. Have turned off the receiver for 1 hr , no luck. I have not chenged setting or image recently. Regardless which button i press nothing happen , only the button ( TV) , which is located on the top left side of the RC is lighting , usually the LED light ( middle lamp ) of RC should light.

Mick12334

No other light on my remote.
Are you using an original VU+ Duo 2 remote?
How are you currently controlling your Duo2?
You can connect using your PC, by typing in your receivers IP address, and using the virtual remote, on Openwebif, or connect a USB keyboard, or try a wireless mini keyboard, with USB wifi adapter.

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
No other light on my remote.
Are you using an original VU+ Duo 2 remote?
How are you currently controlling your Duo2?
You can connect using your PC, by typing in your receivers IP address, and using the virtual remote, on Openwebif, or connect a USB keyboard, or try a wireless mini keyboard, with USB wifi adapter.
If you remove the black plasic cover at the top front of the RC you can se LED light ( middle lamp ) . I use the same original RC since 2014. currently i use my smart phone and my mac book to controll the box. I want to buy anothe vu+box , the best one ( i Think vu+ultomo 4k ) , but i am confused with tuner should i buy. I only have sat dish with normal LNB ( not unicable ) , i want to be able to Watch a channel and record Another one on samme transponder. I Think about 1xDVBS-S2XFBC Twin and 1xDVB-S2- Dual. Whats difference between Twin and dual ? i want both FBC and non-FBC tunner , because i read somewhere that non -FBC tunner is more sensitive than FBC-tunner, is that right ? Thanks in advance.

Mick12334

You can record, and view, all channels, using the same transponder, even on a basic satellite receiver.
If you have a twin, or quad, LNB, you can run extra cables, to your receiver, and record, and view, multiple transponders, on the same satellite, or record 2 transponders, at the same time.
You can also add other dishes, or a dish capable of picking up different satellites, and view/ record, from any of them, using a Diseqc switch, or just connecting the dishes to different tuners.
Code:
http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0116.php

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
You can record, and view, all channels, using the same transponder, even on a basic satellite receiver.
If you have a twin, or quad, LNB, you can run extra cables, to your receiver, and record, and view, multiple transponders, on the same satellite, or record 2 transponders, at the same time.
You can also add other dishes, or a dish capable of picking up different satellites, and view/ record, from any of them, using a Diseqc switch, or just connecting the dishes to different tuners.
Code:
http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0116.php
Thank you for your reply , but i still do not understand difference between twin and dual tunner ?

AlexWilMac

TWIN means that you have physically one tuner but it has built-in two tuners. So it's like you had 2 physical tuners.
DUAL simply means that a tuner can work in two modes: DVB-C and DVB-T/T2.
So, dual refers to terrestrial tuners.

Instead, TWIN (or QUAD) referred to an LNB, means you have the chance to have 2 (or 4) different cables for the same satellite and if you have 2 tuners, you n connect them both and will be independent. You'll be able to record/stream/watch channels from different transponders.
A QUAD LNB, wit its 4 outputs, makes possible to use 4 tuners (usually in different receivers).

And then there are SCR/Unicable LNBs where you have only one cable but they act like 4 or 8 or 16 or more LNBs. But to really take advantage of them, you need receivers with FCB tuners.
But this is a long story. You can find a lot, searching our forum or the Internet about FCB tuners.