Duo2 Strange Reception

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Something strange happens with my duo2 on Thor 0.8W all HD channels on the telenor provider, the image is broken up.
But on the same satellite and, for example, UPC direct all HD channels are fine.

Even HD channels on other satellites are nice.
even if the signal strength on them is much lower.
This only comes when it is raining.

This does not come on my Solo2 that works on all channels!
Tested tuner A / B / C with the same result

bogdanm

Hard to say where is problem but no all chanell have good compresion or have smoll number bit to fix error in sended signal.
In past i have signal 50% and channel work from Sirius but this some strange signal on hotbird gived similar frezz like yours.
You try difrent setting or like im write look to hardware LNb/cable/dish setup

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Hard to say where is problem but no all chanell have good compresion or have smoll number bit to fix error in sended signal.
In past i have signal 50% and channel work from Sirius but this some strange signal on hotbird gived similar frezz like yours.
You try difrent setting or like im write look to hardware LNb/cable/dish setup

The most strange is that my VU+ Solo2 Work OK.

Mick12334

I have a similar set up, to you, VU+ Duo 2, 1.2M channel Master dish, 36v motor, + V-Box II, twin LNB, and I have no problems, with those channels.
I have noticed that certain channels were affected by my DECT telephone, but I moved this away, from my receiver, and the channels worked again.
Are you using a V-Box II?
Are you using both tuners?
Are these the only two HD channels being affected?
What are your signal quality readings, on these channels?

The VU+ Duo 2 has plug, and play, tuners, whereas the VU+ Solo 2 doesn't, so they perform differently.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
I have a similar set up, to you, VU+ Duo 2, 1.2M channel Master dish, 36v motor, + V-Box II, twin LNB, and I have no problems, with those channels.
I have noticed that certain channels were affected by my DECT telephone, but I moved this away, from my receiver, and the channels worked again.

The VU+ Duo 2 has plug, and play, tuners, whereas the VU+ Solo 2 doesn't, so they perform differently.

Yes i using a V-Box II
Only one tuner but i have one duo and one singel
No all on the telenor provider. But non on UPC direct
Signal is 100% but drops to <20% fore a shorte while and the pictures goes down

The Duo tuner is New because the old one was broken.

Matrix10

Administrator

Is the signal stable or has large variations ?

If big variations are greater than on other satellites, this means you have an obstacle
(trees or the like) which, when wet, has a greater weakening of the signal.

Namely, not only is the signal strength important but the quality of the signal
BER.

The bit error rate (BER) is the number of bit errors per unit time.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Is the signal stable or has large variations ?

If big variations are greater than on other satellites, this means you have an obstacle
(trees or the like) which, when wet, has a greater weakening of the signal.

Namely, not only is the signal strength important but the quality of the signal
BER.

The bit error rate (BER) is the number of bit errors per unit time.

No obstacle at all + that it is on the same satellit i have different bhaveyor.

On some TPs is greater variations ex. SVT1 HD big variation but not on Arena Sport 1 HD (12034 V SR 30000 fec 3/4
When SVT1 HD is ok 100% Signal 84% Qality BER 0
BUT fall down to nerly 0%

It does not happen at Arena Sport 1 HD

Same satellit same dish Same LNB Same ALL.

Mick12334

Move your dish to 0.8W, remove the cable, from your V-Box II, and feed it directly into your VU+ Duo 2 receiver.
Once done check all channels and report back.
Also check if you have a DECT telephone nearby, either yourself, or your neighbour, if you do try unplugging it, then once again check the channels.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Move your dish to 0.8W, remove the cable, from your V-Box II, and feed it directly into your VU+ Duo 2 receiver.
Also check if you have a DECT telephone nearby, either yourself, or your neighbour, if you do try unplugging it, then once again check the channels.

I will do it next time it rains.
because as I wrote in my first post

Mick12334

Sorry, I missed your post regarding it only happens when it rains.
This points to a dish alignment problem, or more likely a loose connection, cable, at the LNB, which will only get worse, or a damaged cable, cut, or cracked, so rain is getting in.
It could also be signs of a failing LNB, with rain entering.
I would re-do all your cable connections, at both ends, checking for any signs of water ingress, and check all the cable for signs of wear, or damage.
How old is your cable?
Even cable degrades, in time, especially the parts exposed to the elements.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
The cable is New onley 2-3 months old.
I have changed cable and all connectors.
Still it is onley some channels that have this behaveyer.
And onley vith my Duo2 not my Solo2 which is very very strange :sad:
And it applies to both horizontal and vertical as well as both high and low frequencies

Mick12334

If there were a problem, with the receiver, I can't see it only happening when it rains.
The only thing rain affects is the signal quality, at the dish, if it's not aligned properly, or too small, or rain getting into the LNB, or cable.
Did this problem happen before you changed the cable/connections?
If not then maybe the connection has become loose, or the weather protection boot has failed, slipped.
It is still possible that the problem is with the V-Box, or the tuner, but rain shouldn't affect either of these.
What quality of cable, did you use, when replacing the old run, WF100?

Tururu

BH Lover
No obstacle at all + that it is on the same satellit i have different bhaveyor.
On some TPs is greater variations ex. SVT1 HD big variation but not on Arena Sport 1 HD (12034 V SR 30000 fec 3/4
When SVT1 HD is ok 100% Signal 84% Qality BER 0
BUT fall down to nerly 0%
It does not happen at Arena Sport 1 HD
Same satellit same dish Same LNB Same ALL.

The VU+DUO2 has a fault, the BER is always zero (0) does not measure, it does not equal the level of signal/SNR and quality/AGC you have.
If you can indicate a channel that is free/fta that has the same defect out of curiosity, thank you.
With the old tuner of the DUO2 that was broken, the channel had no problems, looked good.?
Duo2/Solo2 does not have the same tuners.

PS: You could see that channel free now have the 2 receivers to compare.:D
-----------
El VU+DUO2 tiene un defecto, el BER siempre es cero (0) no mide, da igual el nivel de señal/SNR y calida/AGC que tengas.
Si puedes indicar un canal que sea libre/FTA que tenga el mismo defecto por curiosidad, gracias.
Con el tuner viejo del DUO2 que se averio, el canal no tenia problemas, se veia bien.?
Duo2/Solo2 no tiene los mismos sintonizadores.

PD: Podria ver ese canal libre al tener ahora los 2 receptores para comparar.:D

Last edited:

mrbeach

Vu+ User

What LNB do you have I have a
MTI C120 SINGLE

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Did this today.
Same problem with some channels :-(
and also disconnected my DECT phone.

Mick12334

How did you disconnect your DECT telephone?
You have to completely unplug it, from the mains, and it still might be a neighbors equipment, causing the problem.
As I stated I can't see how rain can affect your internal equipment, only your LNB, cable, connections, or dish reception.
I have read of cases where rain can get into the cable and flow all the way into the back of your receiver, but these are severe cases and take time.