Streaming FTA channels from cable provider NOS (Portugal) doesn't work

pjbg

Vu+ Newbie
I have an issue with the streaming and transcoding FTA channels from my cable provider. I have a Vu+ Duo² and streaming/transcoding from satelite or other cable providers to the Vu+ Player App or the Enigma2 player plugin on kodi works like a charm, but all channels from this particular provider, NOS (Portugal) don't work. Even in webif the streaming to VLC doesn't work in this provider. Is there any way or workaround to fix this?

pjbg

Vu+ Newbie
Try write more info i think is hard from your words know where is problem.
The problem is that streaming/transcoding channels from this cable provider to any destination doesn't work. But I can see the channels in the Duo² directly. The same issue happens in every other images I've tried, even the original from Marusys.

AlexWilMac

1) are they FTA or encrypted?
1a) If they are encrypted, are they decrypted by a smartcam+smartcard? if so, do it work streaming only one channel (while you are not watching/recording any other channels from the same provider? Because smartcam can decrypt only one channel at the time.

2) have you tried by OWIF (openwebinterface)?

pjbg

Vu+ Newbie
1) are they FTA or encrypted?
1a) If they are encrypted, are they decrypted by a smartcam+smartcard? if so, do it work streaming only one channel (while you are not watching/recording any other channels from the same provider? Because smartcam can decrypt only one channel at the time.

2) have you tried by OWIF (openwebinterface)?

1) They are FTA.
2) yes, i've tried webif and it doesn't work playing these channels.

I'm my previous TV provider, all the streaming and transcoding worked. I can do the same from satellite channels. But when I try to do the same with my current cable provider, it doen't work. I can see the channels directly on the box, and even record and play these recordings, but not streaming and transcoding.

pnobrega

Vu+ Newbie
as far as i know it's players issue... They can't play the supposed bad enconding of the channels... the only player i'm able to use is with kodi. Kodi enigma2 addons is able to play the streams with no issues. I've contacted several developers of iptv apps and the issue is known with NOS channels... the issue has been reported but no one has done nothing...

Code:
https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/issues/7052
and
Code:
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/24258

A NOS é uma merda...

Last edited by a moderator: