streaming multiple channel to multiple destination

Jim Copley

Vu+ Newbie
I've bought a Vu+ Duo2 with 1 DVB Dual S/S2 and 1 DTT receiver so i have a total of 3 tuner in my box.
I'd like to watch a channel on my tv directly connected to HDMI port, but i'd like also to stream a different channel on my XMBC installation (PVR addon) connected to another TV or to stream a different channel to my Andorid Tablet.
I made a lot of test, but seems that you can only stream the channel you are watching.
All you can do with Vu+ Player is to change channel and stream che channel you have changed (but changes also for the people watching the TV), i was not able to stream different channel to different destination (Tablet android, XMBC) using the different tuners.
Is this a limit, so i can use the multiple tuner only to record something or to make PIP or it's a my problem not able to configure it ?
Many thanks in advance for the help

yummer

BH Lover
you can stream multiple channels aslong as all your tuners are working correctly and you have no recordings going on etc (so they're free)

yummer

BH Lover
Screenshot_2014-02-26-11-30-40.png

In xbmc its in system>enabled addons> PVR clients configure page as shown

Disable the zap icon at bottom. If it isn't even starting to download your EPG and stuff your port settings etc maybe wrong

Jim Copley

Vu+ Newbie
many thanks to all for the answer, i also found the tuner server on BH 2.0.9 where a folder for streaming is created on the HDD.
The folder is on hdd/tuner and you can find all the prefereed channel. clicking on the link will open VLC (on a PC , but this also work on PS3 or UpnP device) that streams the channel requested.
No EPG or other feature, but if you know which channel see, this can be an easy way

yummer

BH Lover
yer use that for my ps3 but not required for xbmc or vu player... takes up more memory so if ya dont need it dont use it

VuWanter

Vu+ Newbie
The info on this thread is useful and I'm seeking to clarify something before I buy a Vu+ Duo2 with a total of 4 tuners : With 4 tuners in the Vu+ is it possible to have it streaming 4 different channels to 4 different devices ( e.g. iPad / XMBC / DNLA )? Can you easily control which device uses each tuner via a port mapping, e.g. 192.168.0.1:8001 for the first tuner, 192.168.0.1:8002 for the second tuner etc?

Long story short, this kind of setup with a combination of DNLA and XBMC will allow me to put Freesat over my home ethernet saving me a load of hassle in wiring Sat cable around my house and not needing too many boxes around the house.

Thanks in advance - I appreciate the help.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Can you easily control which device uses each tuner via a port mapping, e.g. 192.168.0.1:8001 for the first tuner, 192.168.0.1:8002 for the second tuner etc?
No, it's not possible, the access from the network and the ports assigned to streaming and transcoding can be used only by a single client at a time.

VuWanter

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Eragon. So I understand.. With a 4-tuner Vu+ Duo2 I would be able to have
  • A TV connected to the Duo2 via HDMI watching channel A
  • A client connected to the streaming port watching channel B
  • A client connected to the transcoding port watching channel C
Does that sound right?

All the best!

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Only possible:

A TV connected to the Duo2 via HDMI watching channel A
A client connected to the streaming or transcoding port watching channel B
A recording on the Duo2 of channels C and D (situation to be verified)