streaming not working on PC - since router upgraded

arnie2014

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all

since my routers software updated ( skys sr101 router) I have been unable to stream from my vu+ solo2 box to my PC,
iv noticed that iv not got any services or ports forwarded anymore

I believe I have to forward ports 80, 8001 and 8002 which I have tried doing but I'm still not getting a stream

can somebody help me to forward, open the correct ports please with this router

nunigaia

Hi all

since my routers software updated ( skys sr101 router) I have been unable to stream from my vu+ solo2 box to my PC,
iv noticed that iv not got any services or ports forwarded anymore

I believe I have to forward ports 80, 8001 and 8002 which I have tried doing but I'm still not getting a stream

can somebody help me to forward, open the correct ports please with this router

1) Save the stream.m3u on a folder at your choice ...

2) Go to that folder click on .m3u file with right mouse button and choose VLC to be your predefined software to open .m3u files.

3) The next time you open an .m3u file ... vlc is your favorite software to open it!

Use Firefox and select Open with VLC to open m3u files.

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Hi yes I have already tried that and nothing works

all I get is a kind of a screenshot of the channel

If you got stream image ( stuttered ), you may have issues with bandwith ...

try to check and SD channel not an HD ... and see if the effect is the same!

best regards
nunigaia

arnie2014

Vu+ Newbie
my bandwitch is perfectly fine iv never had a problem with it. it was all ok until Sky must of updated the firmware on my router as when I checked no ports where open/ forwarded

as far as I'm aware ports 80, 8001 and 8002 need to be forwarded to the IP of my vu+ solo2 don't they.

if so do I put them on TCP or UDP

arnie2014

Vu+ Newbie
can anybody help, I think I need to forward or open my ports on my router but don't know which ones I have to open I used to have it all set but I believe the software on my router has knocked them off

I belive its port 8002, 8001 and port 80 I need to forward is that correct