Streaming over internet.

goral

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
I have question about streaming over internet.
I provide my TV to my family member, using OpenWebIf
Everything working smooth and nice.
But. He can't use OpenWebIf properly and often change channel which I watch or switch on recently recorded shows (baldy politics).
Is any other way to share my TV? I looking something like mobile VU+PlayerHD but for Windows platform.
Or how to make - generate mu3 list with bouquet.
Anything but not openWebIf!
Thanks for any help.

AlexWilMac

1) He changes channel simply because he clicks on the channel name instead of clicking on the two icons (the monitor one and the smartphone/tablet one) he will be streaming in the original resolution or in a transcoded way. This way there is no zapping before streaming.
OWIF is very comfy.
2) to create your list from a bouquet, just click on the monitor symbol on the right of the bouquet name and when your player (I hope VLC) opens, save the playlist.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Hi.
I have question about streaming over internet.
I provide my TV to my family member, using OpenWebIf
Everything working smooth and nice.
But. He can't use OpenWebIf properly and often change channel which I watch or switch on recently recorded shows (baldy politics).
Is any other way to share my TV? I looking something like mobile VU+PlayerHD but for Windows platform.
Or how to make - generate mu3 list with bouquet.
Anything but not openWebIf!
Thanks for any help.

Two questions:

# Where do you see TV your family member (device)?

# What box do you have to make the TV available to your family member?

goral

Vu+ Newbie
1) He changes channel simply because he clicks on the channel name instead of clicking on the two icons (the monitor one and the smartphone/tablet one) he will be streaming in the original resolution or in a transcoded way. This way there is no zapping before streaming.
OWIF is very comfy.

Yes, I know how is works, and how to use, but is not me, is person, who sometimes forget and just click not on small tv.

2) to create your list from a bouquet, just click on the monitor symbol on the right of the bouquet name and when your player (I hope VLC) opens, save the playlist.

When I generate this list on my PC, I don't think it will be working for someone. It yes, then please tell me how to do it.

AlexWilMac

My post was actually about streaming in the same network.
Streaming over the Internet it's not so obvious. There are some prerequisites to get to this result:
1) the first possibility is to have a static IP from your Internet provider and then editing the VLC playlist and replacing this IP to the local network one.
But static IP are not so common or they need to be paid as an extra option.
1b) For those who own an AVM FritzBox router, you'll have a personal account and this gives you a static URL and this URL is what replaces the LAN IP in the playlist. Incidentally, this is the way I use now, as I don't own any longer a static public IP.
2) You need a VPN or a service like NO-IP, which gives you the chance of knowing which is your current IP.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
My post was actually about streaming in the same network.
Streaming over the Internet it's not so obvious. There are some prerequisites to get to this result:
1) the first possibility is to have a static IP from your Internet provider and then editing the VLC playlist and replacing this IP to the local network one.
But static IP are not so common or they need to be paid as an extra option.
1b) For those who own an AVM FritzBox router, you'll have a personal account and this gives you a static URL and this URL is what replaces the LAN IP in the playlist. Incidentally, this is the way I use now, as I don't own any longer a static public IP.
2) You need a VPN or a service like NO-IP, which gives you the chance of knowing which is your current IP.

Because I thought it was external streaming ... yes that's what describes.

At this time with my Zero 4k, as a customer, getting external streaming from my Duo 4k that is at home, at 150km, since here I do not have antenna ... Best is impossible!

goral

Vu+ Newbie
Is not about how to stream via Internet - is about how to do it without OpenWebIf!
I don't wont to someone open webif

AlexWilMac

Yes, and I already explained in post #2, item 2) how to do it by VLC.
Only, to have the playlist already right for streaming via Internet, you need to create it by OWIF, just once.