Streaming VU+Duo to XBMC on AppleTV2

eelm

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
new to VU+ community since 2 days and up to now really enjoting it.
Thanks to this forum for the usefull things that have been posted that already answered a lot of my questions.
I am experiencing an issue with xbmc installed either on my appletv2 or on my mac and I was wondering if any of you here would be able to help me.
As shown on number of videos found on the web it is very easy to set up xbmc to reach the vu+ by adding a tuxbox source in xbmc. Up to this it works but when I enter into the folders (favorites, bouquet ...) xbmc hangs and crash.
Would there be anything to add in the vu like a plugin or something to set or activate to enable streaming to xbmc ?
Was thinking first that this could come from the xbmc version of my atv2 so tried on my mac which has a different version but it crashes exactly the same way. As I am planning on moving the appletv to my bedroom, I would really appreciate any help, hint or advice to make this work.

Tkx

Eelm

eelm

Vu+ Newbie
I ll bring the solution to my own question :p
After some more googling manage to find it and made it working.
A special addon is required. The enigma2 plugin that can be downloaded here
And for those of you who might be interested here is the where it is discussed http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/t-43954.html

Eelm

For the future, upload files directly on this Board without external links. You can use the "Upload a file" button to do this.

Attachments

• plugin.video.enigma2-0.0.2.zip
    47.1 KB · Views: 334

gingertips

Vu+ Newbie
Morning,

I managed to get 1 stage further than you with Tuxbox source on the apple tv - it accepted it after many times of trying & rebooting. However, found that not all channels worked & there seemed to be no logic as to why some worked and others did not.

1. You installed the enigma2 plug in on the VU+duo box & then how did you set up the video source on the Apple TV?
2. Also - is it all still working ok?

Here is what I tried below (eventually worked, but not all channels worked)

On Vu, press Blue button
Go down to Manage Plugins
Press Red button to manage extensions
Choose Extensions
Make sure Tuxboxplugins is ticked (mine wasnt) and install (green button i think)

Then on XBMC box

Open XBMC
Goto Videos
Choose Add Source
Click on Browse

Scroll down to "Add network Location"
Change Protocol to "Tuxbox client"
Put in the Vu Duo IP Address
Change port, username and password as appropriate if you have changed any of these on the vu box

Tuxbox will now appear in the list of shares

eg "tuxbox://192.168.1.70:80/"
Open up the share and you will see all the various bouquets (channel lists) & add whichever is appropriate for you, or just choose the astra or whatever you have as the default catch all channels

Shiro

BH-C
You are absolutely out.

1) First in Vu+ Duo with Black Hole image 1.7.2 goto blu->blu-> Extra settings and enable the function Black Hole Tuner server.
2) Open Xbmc goto system and mount your Vu+ Duo hdd with samba
3) On Xbmc Goto Videos Choose Add Source and select the ip of the box. HARDDISK/Tuner

screenshot001.png

screenshot003.png

stuattravs

Vu+ Newbie
The dreambox plugin also offers EPG and picon support it should be added, no HD channels though but this is a hardware limitation

eelm

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
sorry Gingertips been a bit away lately and haven't manage to come and check the forum.
I managed to get it working by uploading the enigma2 plugin in xbmc. Did nothing in the vu+. You have to install as a zip and it will work.
However as you are saying not all channels are working. No HD channels as expected are working. Half of the SD channels are working. For the others only the sound comes out. Tried on my Mac and they all work (SD). So I suspect something wrong with xbmc in the appletv.
Then I tried the mediatomb way but same behaviour some work and some don't.
I am still looking for a way to get this working. Maybe getting something else also like a second hand box that would just be used to stream with the djmount maybe.
any suggestion would be welcome.
I have also tried the Plex client on the appletv but it doesn't see my mediatomb server.
If anyone has a bright idea just fire it please :)

Cheers

Eelm

mirecek1965

Vu+ Newbie
I only add tuxbox as source in XBMC and have generated tuner server list of channels on BH image. All channels works, SD and HD without any probs.

cliff

Vu+ Newbie
So I have downloaded the plugin.
Since I am new to the VU+ solo2.. how do I uinstall this?

Thanks for the help guys.

Kind regards,

Cliff