Subtitle colour

Fjatboy

Vu+ Newbie
How do I change the colour of the subtitle?

Right now it is white text on transparant background.
And I want it to be a black background.

How do I fix this thing?

/ Fjatboy

ALPA

BH Lover
U need to play with skin.xml file.
It is located in /usr/share/enigma2/SKINNAME

I asume you want this for s k y subtitles, in that case look for "Subtitle_TTX" in the code and add following:
Code:
backgroundColor="#40101010"

note that 40101010 is the color value, try changing it for the result that suits you.

ringo11

Vu+ Newbie
U need to play with skin.xml file.
It is located in /usr/share/enigma2/SKINNAME

I asume you want this for s k y subtitles, in that case look for "Subtitle_TTX" in the code and add following:
Code:
backgroundColor="#40101010"

note that 40101010 is the color value, try changing it for the result that suits you.
How do I change the colour of the subtitle?

Right now it is white text on transparant background.
And I want it to be a black background.

How do I fix this thing?

/ Fjatboy

Do you mean like the file in attach?
You don´t fix that by edit settings in subtitle section, not that I know of anyway.
Maybe some developer will reply and tell if it is doable to fix the subtitle like in the attached file`?

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 29

2jj

Vu+ Newbie
I have looked in to this thread and tried to solve the problem with the background. After some fiddeling around I have managed to get som shadow on the letters so at least the text get readable when there is really white pictures. Still no luck with transparent or black background.

usr\share\enigma2\skin.xml
line 1912 to 1915
Code:
<sub name="Subtitle_TTX" font="Regular;32" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="2,2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Regular" font="Regular;32" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="-2,-2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Bold" font="Replacement;32" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="-2,-2" />
<sub name="Subtitle_Italic" font="Regular;32" foregroundColor="#DCDCDC" shadowColor="#40101010" shadowOffset="-2,-2" />
IMAG0347.jpg

ringo11

Vu+ Newbie
Yes it looks better with your config.
Still, a black background behind the subtitle would be bery nice.
Asking the developers once again... Is it possible to create a black background behind the subtitle?

Reactions: 2jj

ringo11

Vu+ Newbie
It seems like this thread is going to fade away.
I thought that someone (a programmer) was willing to answer to my question about a gray/black background for the subtitles, if it is even possible to create such feature?

ringo11

Vu+ Newbie
It seems like this thread is going to fade away once again
I thought that someone (a programmer) was willing to answer to my question about a gray/black background for the subtitles, if it is even possible to create such feature?