Switch audio between PiP

goral

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have question about PiP.
Can I switch audio between screens?
I want watch on big screen one channel but I will be preferred audio from PiP - is possible?
Thanks

AlexWilMac

Yes, it's possible with some models of VU+: first of all, after having enabled PiP, you need to change its mode into BIG PiP (long BLUE again, then green, then '0'.
Once you choose BiG PiP mode and you zap to another channel, you'll have the video from big PiP and the audio from the new channel where you zapped.
The problem is that the big PiP does not work in Solo4K (unfortunately is mine) whilst it works for sure in Duo2 (I've got it, too) and in Ultimo4K (as reported from friends of mine) and, if I remember well, also in Uno4K.
Zero4K, instead, has no PiP capabilty.
What is your VU+?

goral

Vu+ Newbie
HI, thanks for answer
I have Vu+ Uno 4k SE
I know this "trick" with blue, green and "0".
But it set only equal windows. You can't make active window smaller then PiP one.

AlexWilMac

How many times did you press 0? There isn't only one PiP mode. Unless Uno4K SE has the same bug in Big PiP that Solo4K has. But surely, you have many PiP modes.

goral

Vu+ Newbie
Yes is few:
1. Big active screen and small PiP
2. 2x bigger PiP
3. Same size as active screen PiP
4. Same size as active screen PiP but both on middle.
No more.
So, only same size - other ways always active screen has bigger then PiP.

AlexWilMac

So, it means that also Uno4K SE has the same big PiP's bug as Solo4K. There's nothing you can do. In Solo4K, when you activate big PiP, it is not big at all but it's placed in the upper left corner, smaller than the main screen.
It seems it's a Vuplus driver problem although I can't understand how it's possible as VUplus-based images, like BH or VTi, have no big PiP mode at all... A mystery ;)

goral

Vu+ Newbie
I think if I correctly remember. It was possible to switch audio in PiP under OpenATV
I will check this when I will have some free time and willing to do it ;)

AlexWilMac

No other images (with PiP modes capability) I've tried, have this bug resolved for Solo4K, OpenATV included. I tried again now, just for curiosity.