Timer button doesn't work

fta

Vu+ Newbie
The remote has a button that says "TIMER" and it shows the timer list perfectly with both BH and VTi, but it doesn't with openbh.

Setup/User Interface/ Button setup doesn't recognize the timer button which makes it impossible to configure it either. The MultiQuickButton plugin gives the same result.

AlexWilMac

What is your remote's model? In the two model I have there is no such button.
But, apart from this, you can VERY easily assign whatever function you like to any of your remote's keys. This is one of the most interesting OBH features. So you don't need any plugins like SetupQuickButton or, even worse, Multiquickbutton that was not designed for BH or OBH. Both this plugins alter the normal behaviour of keys.
I explained this procedure, exactly by an example regarding the Timer function, in this guide:

https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-program-buttons-in-obh.40267/

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for helping me out again.

Are there different remotes around? That may explain it. This is mine. I don't know why the picture is rotated 90°. Sorry about that. The original is not:confused:.

I hope you can see the TIMER button anyway. Would be nice if it worked. I assigned a different button to open the timer list, as you suggested, but I consider that a workaround for the bug that the remote has a button that is not supported by openbh firmware in the same way that it is supported by both BH and VTi. Don't you think?

vu-ir300-rcu-controle-remoto-universal-para-todos-os-receptores-vu.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexWilMac

Yes, there are MANY different models. But, have you tried the procedure? Instead of pressing RED, like in my example, you have just to try and press your key TIMER. The rest of the guide remains the same.
If it doesn't work, then, you may use another one of your choice, as in the guide.

fta

Vu+ Newbie
20200301_215809.jpg
This symbol is all I get when I press the TIMER button. In the middle of screen, close to the upper border. Either in the Button setup menu or anywhere else. Always the same symbol. The TIMER button is the only button that behaves like that.

I suspect the remote code corresponding to this button is not yet implemented in openbh. It is in BH and VTi, so it must be possible.

Is there a bug tracking system for openbh?

AlexWilMac

No, I think you did not read the guide: did you enter the menu for Button Setup? Or do you get this symbol (that means: "not valid key") just pressing this Timer button while you are watching TV?
You don't clearly explain: we are not there with you.
The "Button setup" submenu is under SETUP->User Interface.
Enter there, press this button Timer AFTER entering this submenu and follow the procedure I explained.

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Yes. That is exactly what I did. I am sorry I wasn't clear. I can program any button except the TIMER button. When I press the TIMER button I get the symbol in the picture of my previous post on the screen.

So it is impossible to setup the TIMER button with openbh.

BTW, with BH and VTi you don't need to program the TIMER button. It works out of the box.

Anyway, I would like to be able to use the TIMER button with openbh, because I tried BH and VTi and I prefer openbh. In spite of this TIMER button issue.

It cannot be so difficult to implement this TIMER button in openbh as well.

AlexWilMac

As it's a button not present in other remotes, maybe it is not mapped in this image. Unfortunately, I can't try such a model.
May some coder (@Ev0 or @Shiro) confirm this "lack"?
Meanwhile, I suggest to use another button: after all, if you have not already programmed them, you might use, for example, HELP or just the RED button or another one. Actually, Timer menu is (in my case, but I suppose in general) one of the most used.

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same remote with OBH running on a Vu+Duo4k and have exactly the same issue. I've programmed the Red button to show the timer and long press to show auto-timer

Like you, I'd prefer to use the "Timer" button to show the Timer

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Is it perhaps possible to replace openbh enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-remotecontrolcode package with the Black Hole or VTi equivalent?

Its just key map missing if you set to KEY_RED then timer is open by red button
I just cant figure out what the name of the Timer button is

<map context="InfobarTimerButtonActions">
<key id="KEY_PROGRAM" mapto="timerSelection" flags="m"/>
<key id="KEY_RED" mapto="timerSelection" flags="m"/>
</map>

Matrix10

Administrator
Its just key map missing if you set to KEY_RED then timer is open by red button
I just cant figure out what the name of the Timer button is

</map>

I'm afraid it won't work without major changes to image coding.
I didn't test anything
but there do seem to be big differences in coding
for timer.
What I found was the difference in buttons mapping
but not only that
That button doesn't seem to be in use at all in OBH/VIX coding.

BH

<map context="GlobalActions">
<key id="KEY_VOLUMEUP" mapto="volumeUp" flags="mr" />
<key id="KEY_VOLUMEDOWN" mapto="volumeDown" flags="mr" />
<key id="KEY_MUTE" mapto="volumeMute" flags="mr" />
<key id="KEY_POWER" mapto="power_long" flags="l" />
<key id="KEY_POWER" mapto="power_down" flags="m" />
<key id="KEY_POWER" mapto="power_up" flags="b" />
<key id="KEY_EDIT" mapto="timer_down" flags="m" />
<key id="KEY_EDIT" mapto="timer_up" flags="b" />

<device name="dreambox front panel">
<key id="KEY_POWER" mapto="deepstandby" flags="l" />
</device>
</map>

Button coding in mytest.py BH image

class TimerKey:
def __init__(self, session):
self.session = session
globalActionMap.actions["timer_down"]=self.timerDown
globalActionMap.actions["timer_up"]=self.timerUp
self.timerblocked = 1

If I'm not mistaken
This is not coded at all in OBH/VIX

====================================

i don't know i didn't test
is it possible to use it by adding in OBH

<key id="KEY_EDIT" mapto="timerSelection" flags="m" />
</map>

Last edited:

KFL

Vu+ User
Hello, I have changed kymap.xml and Timer button works correctly. Look my post How To: working Timer button
(my post is under OpenBH update now, I requested admin to move it to OpenBH General Discussions)
p.s.found in openpli git

Reactions: fta

fta

Vu+ Newbie
@KFL I tried your solution and you know what? It works! You make my day:yahoo:
You need to reboot after modifying this file.

The stupid thing is, I tried editing this file before starting this thread. I even tried the BH version of this file, I discovered the internal name of the button (KEY_EDIT) but either I did something wrong or... I didn't reboot:oops:

AlexWilMac

Every system files needs not the complete reboot but the restart of the GUI: for instance, if you replace satellites.xml, you cannot have it working before restarting GUI.