transcoding setup

levi

Hi everyone on this tutorial i am going to show you how to Setting up for transcoding on vu+solo2
Step 1 make sure openwebif is Activated on extension solo2 and then on your router forward port 80 and 8002
opewebif.jpg

Step 2 On solo2 Go to Menu > extension > Transcoding Setup
transcoding_01.jpg

Step 3 Activated transcoding there

transcoding_02.jpg

Step 4 Now connect to the your box webif via your pc,taplet or phone like (http://ipno:80) it is lot easy if you get Dyndns address
On top left hand side click tv then sellect bouquet Choose the 2nd tv icon then selected channel will start play in a few seconds its recommend 2 satellite cable on your solo2 if you have only 1 cable running from your dish then you can only watch what channel showing on your solo2
streamlink.png

Some picture from android tablet

Screenshot_2013_01_02_00_10_21.png

Picture From pc vlc player
vlc_transcoding_info.png

Via 1Mbit Upload you can easily watch tv from your solo2 anywhere in the world long as you are connect to the internet

Credits
Thaks to my very good turkish friend making this tutorial for us
Thanks to me (levi) for transleting :D

we do not know what you have exactly tried. You need to describe it more accurately - including devices you've used, ports, internal LAN or WAN.
BTW
'yourip' = 'ipno' = your vu IP address :)

Haris Abdullah

Vu+ Newbie
It's a vu+ solo2 on blackhole 2.0.1 with an ip 192.168.1.11 on a LAN and the ports are set to 80 for http and 8002 for streaming accordingly as mentioned in this tutorial but the vlc player does not show up anything!

:)
good finding actually :)
I tried above settings as well and when transcoding is enabled in transcoding plugin setup and I'm trying to play m3u file freshly saved on my PC using VLC ver1.0.5 my solo2 started recording :eek: that channel (red dot is showing on the info bar) instead of playing it on my pc :eek:

However when transcoding is DISABLED in transcoding plugin setup I can simply play saved m3u files from webif on my PC using port 8002 as well :eek:
Not sure what to say...
Are we missing something?

Reactions: Wal

Haris Abdullah

Vu+ Newbie
Yeh I second that, I just disabled my transcoding and it seems to be working fine but again shouldn't it be doing that when transcoding is enabled!?

Yeh I second that, I just disabled my transcoding and it seems to be working fine but again shouldn't it be doing that when transcoding is enabled!?

well, it looks like we've been left alone with this problem. Actually I don't know what is the sense setting up transcoding and having this kind of plugin if transcoding is enabled by default?:/
Can anyone test it and confirm it when transcoding is enabled, as written in tutorial above, transcoding doesn't work and pressing monitor 2 (port 8002) on webif vu will start recording on hdd instead of doing what supposed to do? Thanks in advance

Katikakus

Vu+ User
Ok, another reason to upgrade to solo2. Streaming works for me as I have 10Mbit upload from my provider, but download in hotels or pubs is not always on par with that. Transcoding to 0,5Mbit stream would solve most cases. Thank you for the info.

birdman99

Vu+ User
So would the process be exactally the same using streaming outside the Lan? as long as ports are open on the main (IP) ??
I know its a bit dodgy opening ports on the main IP but just for educational purposes would this work on duo2 solo2 so i could watch the mayweather fight from my hotel?

gus

Vu+ Newbie
I have manage to stream my vu duo2 outside my home network, it worked OK, HD channels did not work, but I could stream SD channels, there was some stuttering, will changing the Birate and Framerate in the transcoding setting help reduce the stuttering. Currently they are at
Birate: 2000000
Framerate: 30000
should I reduce theses

yummer

BH Lover
Hi guys. Right I have an upload speed of 500kb until I get fttc in a few months what do I need to set the bit rate and framerate to in the transcoding plugin to be able to watch outside of my home network across 3g or work WiFi please as I can communicate to my box so all ports are forwarded correctly and my dyndns are working but no pic

paralepepipedo

Vu+ Newbie
i have the same problem

Hi guys. Right I have an upload speed of 500kb until I get fttc in a few months what do I need to set the bit rate and framerate to in the transcoding plugin to be able to watch outside of my home network across 3g or work WiFi please as I can communicate to my box so all ports are forwarded correctly and my dyndns are working but no pic