Transcoding Setup

superfurryallan

Vu+ Newbie
Has anyone managed to get transcoding working on open black hole on solo2?

I seem to be able to set the settings in the plugin menu but transcoding never works, im not sure if its actually running, and where to find the setting to turn it on.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Regards

Allan

superfurryallan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Eragon, yes ive tried using openwebif to stream transcoded to vlc, windows media player etc. Ive also tried to stream transcoded to e2RemotePro running on an iphone. No joy, the stream fails to start.

Ive tried with and without the firewall and im happy all firewall port forwarding is working correctly.

I dont think the vu+ box is actually transmitting the transcoded stream, even though i have set the settings in the plugin.

Neblinio

Vu+ Newbie
Transcoding works for me (I'm using VLC), but it always asks for user and password. I have HTTP authentication turned on for OpenWebif, but streaming authentication is off. As expected, regular video streams don't ask for password.

Is this an OpenWebif bug? It also affects Vu+ Player app, as it only plays transcoded streams, and now it can't play any channel.

I'm having this problem since the first Open Black Hole version. I regularly update the image, and as of today, the problem still exists.

Rui Cardoso

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

I have a Duo2 and recently tried to put the transcoding to work but with no success... the typical original stream in port 8001 is working and OK (even outside my LAN). Though, the transcoding feature seems to have 2 issues in my case:
1) the transcoded stream seems to start and being sent out of the Duo2. I've set a minimal rate (500K, 160x320, 30fps) and when I check it in my MXplayer in my android phone a black screen appears... When I see the details of the stream it's there: 160x320, 30fps, AAC for audio etc... as it was supposed to be but no image :( (the same setup with the original stream works OK, and this is inside and outside my LAN)
2) when I request the transcoded stream from my mobile I start to get NO AUDIO in my TV (not that this is too important, since when I request a transcoded stream for sure I wont be at home...) My TV is connected by SCART.
I really want to solve point 1 since it's one of the reasons that I bought the Duo2. I'm on BH 2.1.6.1.
@Neblinio can you post your Transcoding settings (included the advanced ones please)? just to check if this is something to do with it...

Thks in advance for all help!

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi All,

I have a Duo2 and recently tried to put the transcoding to work but with no success... the typical original stream in port 8001 is working and OK (even outside my LAN). Though, the transcoding feature seems to have 2 issues in my case:
1) the transcoded stream seems to start and being sent out of the Duo2. I've set a minimal rate (500K, 160x320, 30fps) and when I check it in my MXplayer in my android phone a black screen appears... When I see the details of the stream it's there: 160x320, 30fps, AAC for audio etc... as it was supposed to be but no image :( (the same setup with the original stream works OK, and this is inside and outside my LAN)
2) when I request the transcoded stream from my mobile I start to get NO AUDIO in my TV (not that this is too important, since when I request a transcoded stream for sure I wont be at home...) My TV is connected by SCART.
I really want to solve point 1 since it's one of the reasons that I bought the Duo2. I'm on BH 2.1.6.1.
@Neblinio can you post your Transcoding settings (included the advanced ones please)? just to check if this is something to do with it...

Thks in advance for all help!

Transcoding test with PC Media player,
transcoding working with all rates from low to high.
Of course the picture quality is the best with the highest.
So your problem is MXplayer or something else.
But I have no experience with it.

Rui Cardoso

Vu+ Newbie
thks Matrix for the test!
Yes, initially in my PC, with all "usual" codecs installed worked fine (now unfortunetly my MB became faulty and till the new one arrives I cannot continue testing with it)...
But the problem is that I want to have the transcoding feature outside my own home, when I go away... and usually take my 6'' mobile with me, and that's where I want to see the transcoded streams :(

I just used MXPlayer because it's the only one that really shows something (VLC, KodiVu+ Player app, none of them worked.... MX player plays the original stream and "supposedly" also plays the transcoded stream as I can see in the stream properties all the correct video/audio streams, but the player shows nothing but a blank/black screen...)

Anyone has any experience with any other player/app?! I'm not into MX player... I'm into any app that works on my android :)

Rui Cardoso

Vu+ Newbie
Also Matrix can you quickly post your Transcoding settings including the Advanced Part (Blue button), at least one that worked fine please? just wanted to confirm that nothing related with that and excluding variables out of the way... thks in advance!

Matrix10

Administrator
Also Matrix can you quickly post your Transcoding settings including the Advanced Part (Blue button), at least one that worked fine please? just wanted to confirm that nothing related with that and excluding variables out of the way... thks in advance!

We talk about transcoding setup in BH image.
Transcoding in Open BH image i have not test.

There is nothing for post , with my test working with all settings .
You have to start first with default settings for the test.
When work then you can change and experiment.

Do not forget the selected port is transcoding port
You have to use in your player the same port.

you can use both 8001 or 8002
If you use one for transcoding other one is standard full stream no transcoding.

Last edited:

Rui Cardoso

Vu+ Newbie
ok thks... yes, I'm also testing with BH 2.1.6.1 image, as referred.
yes, I'm aware of all ports issues... that's not the issue, I receive the stream clearly in the player, the problem is that it remains black screen (but it identified correctly the frame rate, encoding type, resolution, audio AAC etc)... the stream is there, nothing to do with ports...
It's clearly a decoding issues with my player in my android phone for what I see... btw, do you experience also loss of audio in you TV when transcoding?!
Thks

Rui Cardoso

Vu+ Newbie
ohhh sorry I see that this thread is in Open BH Plugins forum... thus your question... sorry about that, can be missconfusing

Neblinio

Vu+ Newbie
I think something's wrong with Open Webif settings, which affects Transcoding among other things.

When trying to stream a video file from HDD using Open Webif Movies section, it prompts Open Webif's user and password. Also when HTTP authentication is turned off in settings. I'm testing with the latest VLC version for Windows.
The same happens with transcoded streams. It always prompts for user authentication. It's not a big deal but this breaks streaming on Vu+ Player App.

I can give more details if needed. I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Neblinio

Vu+ Newbie
I did further testing and narrowed the bug.
Vu+ Solo2. Open Black Hole 0.1 online updated as of today.

-Go to Open Webif settings with your remote.
-Set "Enable HTTP Authentication" to ON.
-Set "Enable Authentication for straming" to OFF.
-Save changes (green button) and then reboot box (this is important).
-Enter Open Webif with a computer and click the transcoded streaming button of any live TV channel. Use latest VLC to open the m3u file.
-It asks for user/pass, ignoring "Enable Authentication for straming" is set to OFF. After authenticating it works perfectly, but it shouldn't ask for user/pass (standard streaming works perfectly and doesn't ask for user/pass)

-Now return to Open Webif settings with the remote.
-Set "Enable HTTP Authentication" to OFF.
-Save changes (green button) and then reboot box (this is important).
-Enter Open Webif again with a computer and try watching any transcoded TV stream with latest VLC.
-Transcoded stream works perfectly without asking for user/pass.

To sum up: transcoding streaming incorrectly asks for user/pass when Open Webif HTTP Authenticacion is ON (which totally breaks streaming in Vu+ Player HD app).
I hope some dev can fix this bug. I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks for your support!

birdman99

Vu+ User
i tried to setup user pass and mine has never worked since which is annoying, im using VUDUO2 blackhole 3.0.2

birdman99

Vu+ User
I tried your idea but still nothing is working even from same IP
These are my settings

Openwweninterface Enabled Yes
show box header No
HTTP Port **** port is open , i check
Enable HTTP authentication no
Enable HTTTPS yes
HTTPS Port **** i check this port is closed on my IP, ( is this the issue ? )
Enable HTTPS autheticatiob NO
Require client cert for HTTPS No
Smart services NO
Enable parent NO
Add service name to stream yes

birdman99

Vu+ User
this is so weird, i can get screen shot and i can even watch and stream recordings but it wont let me stream live tv?
any help would be appreciated